"GRAND CARAVAN" to VOI 12

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Boy, you trailer your car, how do you think it's going to fare?

:rolaugh: I would guess well! :D

I'm thinking IF we do encounter this thing called rain on the way down, you should help clean our cars to feel like you were a REAL part of the caravan too, am I not RIGHT? A while back you said the ride is part of the adventure and you are a part of that adventure, so...............see my point !!

I am all for that! And forget washing the dirt off. Lets cover it up with yellow paint! :) Cleaning AND upgrading! :D

On another note, do you have room to bring my clubs down in the trailer? They'll fit nicely in the passenger seat, but you would have to put the seat belt on, I don't want them getting scratched!!!

I wouldn't worry about scratches but you might want to worry about a big fiery explosion.... I almost lost my luggage that way for VOI 11

:rolaugh::lmao:

The fuel tank was a long way from a fiery explosion, dont make it sound like it was already in danger!! I had at least another 3-4 minutes before you would love lost your luggage! :D:rolaugh:

On that note Golfer, suuuuuure. :devgrin: At worst, I use the roof rack. Further away from the fuel tank. :D

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to hardware store and get foam tape, different widths and thicknesses. You can leave the backing on so it doesn't get sticky stuff on your windows or pick up some 3M automotive trim adhesive just in case plus it's killer for tar removal. lets all pray  for no rain, I just spent 4 hours getting mine cleaned up 

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, thanks for the help. :2tu:I don't care about looks as I'll only have it in place if/when it's raining and then just peel it off.I just figured I'd want something I can throw on quickly while driving in the caravan if needed.Maybe I'll look for what you're talking about at home depot or something like it... as long as it doesn't stick "too" good... if you know what I mean.There's gotta be something out there that will work without hurting the car... I just don't know what it would be.Thanks, Mike
Use your soft top. Mine at least does not leak (top and side curtains). BUT the floor is a different story. When you stop for a long time, restaurant, etc. take an extra rag with you and put it where the air intake is for the ventilation system. Water tends to get into the round opening and will travel down through the floor vents and on to floorboard.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike....would a puddy if some kind work?? Like plumers puddy or something like it? Just a thought.
Bob, I'm not sure... I think it would probably make a mess sticking to the foam on the windows etc. I'll probabaly find a foam rubber type thing to shove in there. :dunno:

... take an extra rag with you and put it where the air intake is for the ventilation system. Water tends to get into the round opening and will travel down through the floor vents and on to floorboard.
Randall, you mean the hood grill on the passenger side? I guess I never got that much water in it when washing in the driveway.
Thanks for the heads up though... that's good to know!
Mike

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, do you have the matching windows to the 3 piece top? If so, even though there are a few spots of daylight, there shouldn't be much water coming in the sides. I find that it comes in the top corner and then slides down the top of the windshield before dropping. So put a towel on your lap and that will catch the water instead of your shorts.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, do you have the matching windows to the 3 piece top? If so, even though there are a few spots of daylight, there shouldn't be much water coming in the sides. I find that it comes in the top corner and then slides down the top of the windshield before dropping. So put a towel on your lap and that will catch the water instead of your shorts.

Jason, I did order the windows too but they aren't fitting just right. I would've had to fit the top loose so it sat up higher than flush so it's use the old windows for this trip and worry what to do with the new ones later. :crazy2:
Nice idea about the towels... I'll bring two... one drivers towel and one passengers towel. :2tu:
I'd love to NOT use them!
Mike

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see it now. Willem and Mike runnin out to the nearest Bed, Bath and Beyond.

You must be registered for see images

:D

--RS

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and while your at it you can pick up one of these for Robert on the way down. :lmao:

You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUMP!!!!!!!

Haha, yep :) I certainly wouldn't envy the person who has the two of us as helpers.

Update: Here's the 4 pages of the Booklet for the Grand Caravan to VOI12. Copies will be available at the Drury Inn and there should be enough for everyone.

If you have any questions let me know.

-Stretch

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to use Google Latitude, you can install it on your mobile device. You need to "friend" other people. You can get me at voi.markk at gmail dot com. You will need to create a gmail account. I know our PA group is planning to meet up with your group at some point. This would be a good way to see each other as we travel.

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the Cobra CB radio to work in Mike's Viper with a universal plug from Advanced Auto YAYYYYYYYY :D This caravan thing is going to be so cool now!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are such a nerd ITV! :D (btw that's a compliment. Not an insult. Being around all these vipers must have softened me. I said something nice. ;) )

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ready?! Ready?! Ready?! Ready?! Ready?! LETSSSSS GOOOOOO I wanna go hurry up sun HURRYYYYYY UPPPPP! I'mwaytoexcitedforthisI'mlikemy ownfreakincanofRedBull COMEEE ONNNNNN!Sorry, I will try to relax. >.>--RS

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Packed and READY to go, us CANUCKS should be across the border in about an hour and a half. I have NO ROOM for beer though. LOL, maybe thats a thought for the GEN VI...BIGGER trunk !!!!!!! See you in Charlotte !!!!!!!

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Is anyone from the Ohio caravan using Google latitude? It would be good to track someone so we can time the meet up later today. I'm on at voi.markk at gmail dot com.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62