GROUP BUY: iPod Interface Adapter Kit for SRT-10!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
NADER- Unfortunately, I sold the system I had left RIGHT after I posted the message to you above. I should be getting them in again in the future, hopefully cheaper. I can make them plug-and-play, however one off the shelf will require slight modifications for a power source.

If you are in a hurry, let me know and I can help you with the install of one off the shelf, though I urge you to wait if possible until I can get another setup for its utter simplicity to install once modified.

Thanks,

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks - I can wait. I am still awaiting delivery of my car. Wednesday of next week.

Keep me posted.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update on one thing about this product! It works great I really like it BUT you can't go past 99 songs and 9 playlists! After 99 it just goes back to 1 instead of going to 100+.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ricky-

Yes you can, they just dont tell you how to do it in the manual... I actually found out by accident.

First off, yes, when scrolling through menus manually, disc 1-9 will be the only ones selectable, as will 1-99 tracks. However, If you have 150 songs in a playlist, to get to them, you just go to song 99, LET IT PLAY THROUGH, and when it gets to the end, instead of reading "1" again, or "100", it will read "--" for the track. Once you see the "--" you are free to scroll through the last 50 (or however many songs over 100). at any time, you can return to the previous 1-99, but once you are back into them, you need to "play though" to get back into the "hidden" section.

The playlists are the same way... scroll 1-9, and to get to 10+ playlists (yes, you can have MORE than 10!) just play the last song on playlist 9, and it will jump to "--" for the playlist number... which you can scroll through then. Tracks work the same in "--" playlists.

hope that helped!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky-

Yes you can, they just dont tell you how to do it in the manual... I actually found out by accident.

First off, yes, when scrolling through menus manually, disc 1-9 will be the only ones selectable, as will 1-99 tracks. However, If you have 150 songs in a playlist, to get to them, you just go to song 99, LET IT PLAY THROUGH, and when it gets to the end, instead of reading "1" again, or "100", it will read "--" for the track. Once you see the "--" you are free to scroll through the last 50 (or however many songs over 100). at any time, you can return to the previous 1-99, but once you are back into them, you need to "play though" to get back into the "hidden" section.

The playlists are the same way... scroll 1-9, and to get to 10+ playlists (yes, you can have MORE than 10!) just play the last song on playlist 9, and it will jump to "--" for the playlist number... which you can scroll through then. Tracks work the same in "--" playlists.

hope that helped!

Thanks a lot!! That defenently will help!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone have pics of the install and location of the ipod? i assume in the middle storage bin

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nader-

I am dealing with the notorius Monster Cable issue right now- getting a call back to set up my account. I have called multiple times, but have not heard back from the company as of yet. I will try again tomorrow.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone have pics of the install and location of the ipod? i assume in the middle storage bin

The actual unit goes behind the dash not sure where since I didn't install it myself but heres a picture of it in the center console:

You must be registered for see images attach

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan. Looking forward to hearing from you. By the looks of that picture, the ipod is prone to bouncing around in the storage bin. Is there any mount for it in there?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always just get some double sided tape and tape it down. I don't think it bounces around very much though!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to be able to remove it as well. I can always do something with the carrying case or one of the holders thay you can buy.

Did you install it yourself?

Thanks for the info.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't install it myself I got a shop to install it for me. Sorry what I meant to say was you can get some double sided tape for a ipod holder and then tape that to the viper center console and just pop the ipod out when you want to update songs etc. Took the shop about 2-3 hours to install the ipod and rb1 in my car.
Ricky

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you like the RB1? Aside from the navigation, Are there any additional stereo features that it has as compared to stock? I just installed new speakers and it gave new life to the stereo. I am thinking about the RB1 also.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rb1 is pretty good. You can control if you want to have the rear speakers working a bit more since i'm hearing with the rbq the front polks start overpowering the rest of the stereo! I installed the polk db650s as well and think the setup is okay at best. I am thinking about ripping everything out and doing an all focal stereo but still keeping the rb1 and ipod in there. The rb1 is pretty good serves me no purpose other then the fact that it makes the interior look a lot better!
Ricky