-BMONEY
-VNMOUS
-Brad04Mamba

PENDING:
-Dirk989
-(2) Don Anzalone
-Vincent Esq (Changer Only)

NO CONTACT:
(Come on guys, whats going on? You signed up for the group buy, dont leave me hanging)
-nevrenuf

Payments are starting to roll in now, hope to get this wrapped up by early next week. I will be depositing the first batch of checks (first 5 buyers) tonight. Hopefully I will be able to deposit the other checks by this weekend and get the order placed by monday or tuesday. I will place the order as soon as I have recieved 9 of 10 payments.

Just a reminder, Please remember to include which items the payment is for, your E-Mail address or Viperclub.org username, and the address you would like the items shipped to when you send payment.

Second reminder, Just a note if you missed it above, the price was dropped from 1335.00 to 1320.00 since the first batch of e-mails were sent out last week.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PAID:
-Triguy
-RCKTMN
-Franz
-BMONEY
-VNMOUS
-Brad04Mamba
-(2) Don Anzalone

PENDING:
-Dirk989
-Vincent Esq (Changer Only)

NO CONTACT:
(Come on guys, whats going on? You signed up for the group buy, dont leave me hanging)
-nevrenuf

I have received enough at this time to place the order for the first 8 guys who have paid (and vincent)...just have to wait for the last two checks to clear, hopefully by weekend. I will pick up one extra unit for Dirk989, though I cant hold it forever. If I dont recieve his payment, it will become available. (If I recieve Dirk's payment by then, I will pick up another extra unit in case nevrenuf decides to reappear...)

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I placed my order today, I should have the units in stock and ready to turn around by thursday at latest, maybe tomorrow.

I am sorry for the delays, but getting people to pay in a timely manner is no easy task! Even at this point, I still only ended up with 8 of 11 total orders.

ViperDriver, Nevrenuf, and Dirk989 were the three who did not come through.

ViperDriver- I give you some credit because at least you told me flat out you were no longer interested, without wasting everyones time. However, in the future, please do not commit if you do not intend to complete.

Neverenuf- No idea what happened to you man. I held out as long as I could for you, still heard nothing from you. I know you have read my messages- the wonders of a read receipt. The LEAST you could have done was tell me you werent interested any longer. To participate in any future group buys, I will require a 100$ non-refundable deposit from you.

Dirk989- Another "I have no idea what happened with you situation." If something happened, TELL ME, dont leave me hanging. Send me a message explaining something, or I have to assume you just dont care, and you go on the same list as Nevrenuf.

Now, Both Nevrenuf & Dirk989; I do offer both of you until the end of the week to remedy this situation, still get the units at group buy price, and get yourselves off my sh*t list for next time around.

Some of you may think the above is slightly unprofessional, but if you were in my position and you had busted your a$$ trying to pull this together only to be left hanging by so many, you would understand my frustration. I dont hold grudges, I just ask that people be up front with me. If you have a problem, I WILL understand. Besides, I would rather be forced to understand than sit around twiddling my thumbs while ******* off the customers who paid first, but who had to wait for everyone else.

bmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Daniel - from those of us that did buy units from you, thanks for the great deal.

For everyone else - I ordered the Nav and the CD changer, but needed to cancel on the CD changer. Daniel graciously offered a full refund for the CD Changer and connection kit. He's definitely a professional.

Bali

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Got most of the shipment in today (thursday). I have the first half of the units boxed up and ready to go out this Friday. It is possible I may also recieve the other half of the order tomorrow, hot off the press and FWD'd from Alpine's depot. If so, I will get as many as I can out the door to you guys!

If I ship your unit tomorrow, I will FWD Tracking Numbers. Right now, the first four will be Franz, bmoney, Triguy, and RCKTMN. (I am shipping in order of payments recieved)

I have opened and checked EVERY SINGLE RB-1 box to check its contents and software versions- rest assured I will make damn sure you got what you paid for. Alpine's Depot has already tried to pass 2 old AA software versions off to me, otherwise there would be 6 going out tomorrow.

Also, each package will be insured for the FULL retail amount :smirk: UPS owes all of us from one time or another... if they break 'em, they bought the farm. :2tu:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sent out the first 4 tracking numbers last night;

Forgot to mention, All packages are being shipped UPS Ground Insured- in case you dont recognize the tracking number arrangement.

Thanks,

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Daniel:

Sorry for the delay. As I pm'd you I've had 2 surgeries and a number of other things. I left the paypal payment instructions with my secretary. I had thought it was taken care of, but it wasn't. Please send me the exact amount that I owe. Tomorrow morning I will send the Paypal payment. Sorry for the delay.

I hope this gets me off of the s____t list.

Dirk

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Dirk,

As I PM'd you back, dont worry about it- all I wanted was an explaination. Consider yourself off my sh*t list.

Since we had first made the first arrangment, two things have changed;

The price of the units decreased from 1335.00 plus shipping, to 1320.00 plus shipping. As a result, I can no longer accept PayPal as payment, I must ask for a check. Any type of check is fine, including personal checks. The reason for PayPal no longer being accepted is that the percentage which PayPal takes will virtually eat up the entire mark-up on these items, the margins are incredibly tight.

I just looked through my e-mails and PM's, it appears that my sent messages to you have been deleted, I am not sure which, if any, items you wished to purchase to accompany the RB-1. Please let me know and I can work up a total, or you can find your total by using this:

10 Units spoken for, 95.00 discount per unit... on my already very discounted normal price.

-Price for each unit is 1320.00 plus shipping.
-Shipping cost is 15.00 flat rate for USA-48. Please contact me if you are an Alaska/Hawaii resident, or international for a shipping price.

Available options to accompany RB-1;

-6 CD Changer: 325.00
-6 CD Changer Hardware Kit: 35.00
-10 CD Changer: 375.00
-10 CD Changer Hardware Kit: 35.00
-Sirius Satellite Radio setups: 275.00 (also requires monthly Sirius subscription)

(I supply all Sirius kits with Multiplexers, so a Changer and Sirius can be connected at the SAME time and toggled on the AUX menu)

(There is a SLIGHT chance 10-Disc wont come with the correct mounting brackets, as Mopar made changes to them since summer when I ordered the last ones. If that happens, I will swap them out with 6 disc setups and refund the difference if you happen to order one. I will know ahead of time and ship them as such.)

Currently, there are no 10 disc orders however, all 6's.

Check/Money order is STRONGLY preferred, due to very tight margins on these items.

Please send check to:

Viper Specialty Performance
402 Willow Green Dr.
Amherst, NY 14228
(716) 912-5336

I am PM'ing you this same message, just in case you dont see it.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DIRK- Recieved your payment today and ordered your RB-1.

UPDATE:

I shipped the first 4 orders last Friday, and one additional order today (Brad04Mamba). The last 3 orders are mostly in stock, however two of them are being held up by the CD changer cables, and 1 double order of RB-1's is 1 unit short, which I had emptied the depot of last week. Hopefully they came in as expected today and shipped to me, in which case I would have them on Monday to complete those two orders.

I apologize for the holdup, but unfortunately it took so long to collect payments that the N.E. depot would no longer hold what I had reserved. 3 RB-1's were snagged, along with 2 CD changer kits, which is whats holding up 2 of the last 3, with the third being a double order for which I haven't received the second RB-1 yet. I received 2 RB-1's of the remaining 3 today, and they were hot off the press from Alpine, so I know the gears are at least turning, albeit slowly.

Thanks,

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested in the Nav unit, but will it fit my 2000 viper gts coupe, and does it take the place of my factory alpine head unit. and is the Nav unit a alpine also. sorry for all the questions. I just bought my viper so I dont know much about it.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Venom1,

I am sorry, the Navigation system being sold in this group buy will only fit SRT-10 Vipers, which have the "rounded edge style" 1.5 DIN radios. Gen1 & 2 use Single DIN radios. There are TONS of Single Din navigation systems available at just about any radio shop that will fit in your car.

Thanks,

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

All orders except for the last one I recieved a little over a week ago have now been shipped, I thank you for your patience.

On the next group buy that I do, I am going to outline an end date from the begining, and have a set "end" & "pay-by" date.

I suspect the next group buy will be for some type of iPod controller that is compatible with the RBQ, RB-1 and RB-4 radios. I will soon know for sure its compatibility.

Also, this may help some of you as you recieve your radios:

RB-1 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Remove Shift Knob (two adjustable wrenches)
2. Remove Shifter Bezel (6 Allen screws)
3. remove the lower section of the center console (black plastic around shifter)
Tips:
-it is held on by 4 snaps in the corners, start with the back two, then do the front
-place a piece of masking tape on the frontal panel that covers the gauges and radio to prevent scratches if the lower section rubs it as you pry it up
-E-Brake must be pulled very high in order to slide this panel over it. The e-brake can be pulled to its highest after a short drive -but only ONCE- as it will ratchet itself back down if released and pulled again.
4. Disconnect the two electrical connectors for the windows switches, and the one connector for the power outlet (open outlet to remove connector)
5. Slide the center panel over the e-brake handle and set aside.
6. Remove the Allen screws and 1 Phillips head screw that hold on the frontal panel.
7. "Wiggle" the panel back and forth in order to pop the foam for the upper vents out of the tube it sits in.
8. remove the 3 electrical connectors on the back of the front panel (Start, and 2 heater controls) TAKE YOUR TIME, these connectors are a pain in the ass sometimes.
9. remove the front panel
10. "Pop" the outer dash off slightly. This is the remaining section of the dash which ends on the right side of the console, and continues all the way over to the speedo, tach, etc. There are 3 snaps you want to pop out, 1 on the center right (on the right of the radio) and 2 up on the top. You have to do this to get to one screw on the radio, but you do not want to take this panel off.
11. Remove the 4 Phillips screws that hold the radio.
12. Remove radio and remove the connectors attached to it.
13. Apply the Navigational antenna to the TOP of the metal radio surround, under the vents. With a flashlight, you will be able to see a flat space above the radio where it can be mounted. Position the antenna so the wire points towards the front of the car, and hangs back behind the radio. Easiest way to apply is to reach up behind where the radio was and stick it on.
14. coil up the wire for the nav antenna so it is the same length as the other radio connector. To keep it out of the way when sliding the radio in, stick the original connector though the middle of the coil.
15. Insert the nav antenna connector, the original connector, and the AM/FM radio connector, and reinstall in the reverse order.

NOTES:
-Don't be surprised if the nav reads an incorrect position and direction when you first get the setup installed.
-Nav antenna can see through glass, plastic, etc. WILL NOT see through metal.
-Sirius setup uses an additional control unit and antenna.

Hope that helped!

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doctor Dan:

Hopefully, I will have my car when you do the next group buy, its been over 2 months since ordered........the IPOD issue is somewhat annoying, a web site will indicate applicability, then I email them to be sure and they tell me it won't work with any "RB" radio, including the stocker. This has happened with all units examined so far. Hope one that works for us will become available soon.

Ted

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello TedK,

You should have your car by the time I do the next one, as my local dealership just got their Silver Mamba.

I am hoping that the this new system I was told about by another member ends up working. It is a little more expensive, but will certainly be worth it, and is made by a very good name brand. Also, according to the company that makes it, it should work fine. We will see...

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who makes the system, or is it top secret for now? Any web exposure yet? The IPOD interface would be the ultimate, IMO.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nope, no secret... just dont want to get people to riled up, as I know there is a LARGE following for this system. I want to test its compatibility first.

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

Just wanted to post on here that the system worked great on my '03 Durando RT. Yes, I know it's not a Viper, but for those who tow with a MOPAR (RAM or Durango), it works great and was a 15 minute install. I'd recommend to all with a MOPAR who drive alot.
Thanks again for your time on this group buy, Dan. I'm also interested in the I-Pod interface. I'll be checking in to see if it works out.

Paul
:2tu:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Paul!

This group buy is offically closed. I shipped out the last unit to Dirk989 today.

Thank you all for your patience!

For anyone who is interested in an iPod interface group buy, I will be setting up two group buys for those items- One hopefully schedualed to start April 1st, and ending April 22 (Payment due by last day of April) and a second starting immediatey after that, same setup, for May. I will also run another group buy for RB-1's simultaneously to the second iPod interface group buy.

(iPod interface group buys are, of course, assuming that it WORKS. I should have the complete setup in hand by this weekend, and will post its compatibility for sure at that time)

Thanks again!

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel:

Count me in for both. Assuming it works, are you saying that I'll receive my IPOD interface early May, but the RB1 will be another month? Just curious, I still want them both.

Thanks Ted

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ted-

I am mainly setting up the first interface group buy just to compliment this (just ended) group buy. I will be giving first dibs to the people who participated IF there is a limited number per month I can get my hands on at a group buy price. If not, then its "open season" and just consider them two consecutive monthly group buys.

To answer your question directly, I can work it out with you one way or another to get them both to you in the begining of May. I also may consider running another group buy for RB-1's altogether in April if there is any demand at that time. I suspect that now its quite obvious spring is JUST around the corner, there may be a sufficient demand to warrant a monthly or bi-monthly group buy for these and other related items on a regular basis until fall.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Ted,

Typical incompetent manufacturer. They made the mistake of releasing an equal number of different types of adapters, and now they wonder why chrysler, with as many vehicles as they have, in THIS country, put them into a Backorder. DUH???

Anyways, I spoke to the manufacturer last week Friday, and they expect the chrysler adapters to come off backorder in 1-2 weeks. The retailer I am dealing with will be the FIRST to get them, as they have had their order in for many weeks, and are the manufacturers main dealer for this item type. It never fails, I had been looking forward to this project AT LEAST as much as you guys. I went out and bought an iPod Photo 60 gig last week in anticipation of this... but now I get to sit on my hands while being $500 deep into an incomplete project that I CANT finish yet.

Frustrated? you bet.

I just feel sorry for the poor guy that answered the phone last friday... he now has two Exits on the rear part of his anatomy...

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I worried? I don't even have my car yet, getting itchy. The stock RBQ is also a changer radio isn't it? I presume this product will work with the RBQ also, ya?

bmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Daniel,

Now you know why I never followed up with you as to whether this thing worked for me! Have been waiting for that damn Chrysler adapter forever. Got the main unit, but not adapter!!!!!

Bali

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard is it to install the cd changer? Is the group buy pricing still available?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
dhady- the difficulty of the CD changer installtion depends fully on the location you choose to mount it. The trunk for instance, while the best location IMHO, is the most difficult to run wiring to.

I will be running another group buy in a week or so. I am waiting to get my hands on the last peice of the puzzle for an Ipod interface adapter which I wll run another Group Buy for along side of the RB-1/accessory G-B. If it all pans out, the CD changers will be obsolete in light of the newer technology...but still available if you want one.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh wow...I heard the sound quality that comes out of the ipod connectors is not as great. Can you confirm how the sound will be with the rb1 navigation and the Ipod connection? I just lost my damn ipod too! :( and wher exactly will you be able to mount the Ipod? I've seen a custom setup done in a Hummer where the Ipod was mounted and it looked awesome like it was apart of the Hummer from factory. Will the Ipod be able to charge while you have it connected to the rb1 (trickle charge when battery is full?) How much are we looking at approximately for the IPOD connection? I'd defenetly take one that hooks up an ipod instead of a cd changer but I just ordered a bunch of things for the Viper so I'll have to wait for another group buy in a month or so. BTW if you don't have something designed for the Ipod holder maybe you can look at something that will fit in the cup holder and will the Ipod be controlled from the actual rb1 unit or will we have to switch songs from the ipod itself? Thanks in advance for the answers to these questions!
Ricky :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62