GTS-R vs. Comp Coupe vs. ACR-X

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite my long and strong passionate love affair with the Viper, I've been pretty 'in the dark' regarding professional track racing with the viper. What, nowadays, is the best track car out of these three? I know it's a very vague and general question, but I'm not even sure where to start. My understanding is power/performance is variable from one CC to the next, depending on the team, and the same probably went for the GTS-R? And I know we haven't really seen much from the ACR-X yet, so it may be hard to answer still, but I hear that the CCs are better performers? There may not be a concrete answer here (so many variables and different race regulations and power restriction) but, any info would be appreciated!

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I heard that the GST-R is 3 seconds faster than the ACR. At Willow Springs Raceway. Steve Millen posted the fastest ACR lap time of 1:29 over there..

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think acrsteve who has driven all of them said the CC is the fastest

Don't think he's tried the ACR X yet, but of the other 2, I think the weight of the CC overcame any of the most recent Gen upgrades.

If you've got he $, I don't see why you wouldn't want an ACR X.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the ACRx's and the CC's running at Gingerman this past weekend, times looked close..but then again, there is a big difference on hp...especially with the World Challenge Viper that I saw there, over 100hp more.

I would also think once the ACRx drivers get some seat time there will be a change too.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think he's tried the ACR X yet, but of the other 2, I think the weight of the CC overcame any of the most recent Gen upgrades.

If you've got he $, I don't see why you wouldn't want an ACR X.

correct, it was the ACR he talked about, not the X

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the ACRx's and the CC's running at Gingerman this past weekend, times looked close..but then again, there is a big difference on hp...especially with the World Challenge Viper that I saw there, over 100hp more.

I would also think once the ACRx drivers get some seat time there will be a change too.

Do the CC's have any restrictions on them? I guess I'm asking the difference between a CC running Viper Days verse World Challenge.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Despite my long and strong passionate love affair with the Viper, I've been pretty 'in the dark' regarding professional track racing with the viper. What, nowadays, is the best track car out of these three? I know it's a very vague and general question, but I'm not even sure where to start. My understanding is power/performance is variable from one CC to the next, depending on the team, and the same probably went for the GTS-R? And I know we haven't really seen much from the ACR-X yet, so it may be hard to answer still, but I hear that the CCs are better performers? There may not be a concrete answer here (so many variables and different race regulations and power restriction) but, any info would be appreciated!

What you said in red is the best answer.

The better question is "WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO RACE?" If you had a testing match at one track with a SPO-VCC, a World Challenge VCC, and G4-ACR, and an ACR-X, driven by the same driver, the VCCs would likley be faster...for sure the SPO-open class VCC. but 650+HP in the X for little money should be very tempting. But the -X runs in its own spec-series for now....til guys like Barba inject themselves in some SCCA events!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do the CC's have any restrictions on them? I guess I'm asking the difference between a CC running Viper Days verse World Challenge.

It depends on the sanctioning body-series....you can runn any VCC in Viperdays, but not WC

OP
OP
J

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, I figured there wouldn't be an easy answer! Thanks for all the info guys, i figured the CCs would be generally faster, though deep down inside I hoped the GTS-R would still be king

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ah, I figured there wouldn't be an easy answer! Thanks for all the info guys, i figured the CCs would be generally faster, though deep down inside I hoped the GTS-R would still be king

Make no mistake. The GTSRs are faster than the CC's..

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

one of the CC guys told me his was about 520hp

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456