Has 'heat problem' been fixed on 2008 ?

arjay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am on my fourth viper.
I am wondering if the cabin heat problem was addressed and fixed on the coming 2008 SRT/10. My 2004 seems to get very hot in the cabin only in slow/stalled traffic. Your comments are appreciated.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am guessing yes, due to the new exhaust, new cylinder heads, larger valves and Variable Valve Timing which electronically adjusts when the exhaust vales are open and closed according to engine speed and load, allowing the engine to 'breathe' cleaner and more efficiently (as quoted in SRT edge)...no more crossover pipes, so it's gotta be cooler, IMO. ~juli~

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are some quotes from the chat with the SRT engineering staff yesterday:

They stated that they had “adressed part of the interior heat issues by eliminating the cross over. You're no longer sitting in a ‘ring of fire’ You'll find it a bit cooler in the cabin.” Also, “Interior heat management has improved due to the elimination of the exhaust crossover pipe, a more effective cooling module, and the relocated hood louvers. The new hood louvers are in a lower pressure area of the hood, making them more effective at extracting hot underhood air.”

/Rich

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I read that the variable exhaust cam timing is oil pressur controlled, not electronic.

Ted