Head Unit / Speaker replacement - Local Installers?

LIONDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a Detroit Area (or Ann Arbor area) automotive stereo installer? I'd like to replace the head unit and probably the speakers on my 2002 GTS. I know I could theoretically do this myself, but would prefer expert installation if it's available in the area.

Insight appreciated!

- LIONDOG

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've used Cartunes in Roseville for custom work on several of my cars. I'd highly recommend them.

They put a custom head unit and a passport radar detector in my Viper and did a first class job.

You must be registered for see images attach

A99SilverACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liondog,
It depends on what you want but i would highly recommend you do it yourself or be very careful where you go. The dash removal on a gen 2 car is not trivial ad you MUST tape the a-pillars or you WILL scratch them...

also the stock stereo does not use RCA or standard speaker wires... the shop will have to make their own harness or cut up the stock unit: not so good. also the wiring plug is hard to find so many shops will cut the plug right off the stock harness.

I did all my own work on the ACR and the previous owner had a shop install things ... what i found was terrifying to say the least.

Professionals may not all care about your car as you do... and how many pros actually have solid training on a viper let alone other cars? Shop manuals? If you want copied pages for the dash removal, etc i may be able to get them for you...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave