Headers

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Bellanger Headers on my 01 RT. Can I put those on my CC and would they be leagal for WC? Anyone with headers want to share some HP numbers (privatly?)
Some I've talked too Say B & B are better??

Is there much difference between 01 and the 03's??
Joe B

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per the latest SCCA VTS specs for the Comp Coupe - it appears that NO HEADERS will be legal - in fact they are now specifying STOCK exhaust manifolds.

Looks like lots of folks will be going back to stock.

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there is some interesting information out there. Some Comp Coupes in 2nd half of 2004 were built with headers, I don't know if its an option or not. So my thinking is that if the car is built with them then they are the stock manifold. I hear conflicting stories about B & B get more HP than Ballenger Then I hear that the Ballenger get more HP then the B & B-- It depends on who ya talk to.

Anyway if the car came with headers, than the stock manifold must be used, then Headers it is. I need to clarify this with Viper Race Headquarters..I'm waiting for an e-mail back from them........
Also the Comp Coupe headers (Ballenger) are $200 more than the SRT Headers and I don't see any difference--But I could be wrong..
Where as B & B sell the same Header for each car, Although the Ballenger is a double "Y" so its obviously longer, maybe turned more for the CC.

And all of this is speculation until the SCCA issues the final VTS sheets

Joe (Inquiring Minds want to know) B

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, I wonder what 3R used. Good luck in WC this year and hope to see you at VD or at the Atlanta round of WC.

Tom

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VTS spec sheet is not final yet. So headers are still up in the air. Joe have you contacted any of the WC teams?

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VTS spec sheet is not final yet. So headers are still up in the air. Joe have you contacted any of the WC teams?

No not on this issue. i just want to get the spending out of the way and get ready to run. WC has a lot of BS in it. I really can't believe that they are going to require the CC's to run no headers (talked to Viper Race Headquarters today and the stock manifold is the stock one that would be required) If SCCA requires the CC to run without headers I would assume that the Vettes will not have them also. I should look that up....

Joe B

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCCA has been pretty clear that they were trying to slow the cars down. The general GT specifications read that the cars were nominally rated at somewhere between 400 and 550 HP in 2004. The 2005 rules say that the GT class cars are between 400 and 500 HP. They are trying to blanace a field that has cars between the 8.3 liter V10 of the Viper and a VOLVO!

The fact that Tommy Archer won the drivers championship and came from behind that last race seemingly with ease - did not go unnoticed at SCCA............... There are a lot of Viper Competition Coupes running and there seems to be a decent amount of pressure to slow them down - even if its only because of the listed specs of the car.....

I also suspect the wording from the 2004 VTS will come back saying that the Comp Coupe is a limited prep vehicle and only modifications specifically listed in the VTS will be allowed......

3RRacing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCCA will mandate we use stock exhaust manifolds this year. To give you some comparison, the C-5 has to replace it's current camshaft with the oringinal cam ran back in 99 and 2000, which will be at about a 40 hp or so loss. So you can see SCCA is after slowing us all down, personally it's a real stupid move I think, and will cost us all more money to get our speed back to able to run with Caddy and Audi's factory efforts, that I don't see slowing down one bit. Supposedly Caddy will have a new 500hp LS2 - 6.0lt, on paper it looks like more hp than that and I think SCCA will put a restrictor in place, we will also have a restrictor smaller than last year, I think, but at least if they miss the boat we can change it out. As of now I think the limited prep may go away, to give us a fair shot at adjusting and engineering our car as every one else does. We are all waiting for some final decissions, so we can get ready for Sebring, which we will be leaving for in 64 days. Hope we can continue to bring pride and enjoyment to the Viper camp this new year. Bob Raub / 3R-Racing

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,

Thanks for the inside scoop. It will be very interesting to see how Audi/Caddy perform at Sebring vs. the restrictions/downgrades being done to the Vipers and Vettes. I hope it is not a repeat of the first race of last year. Here's to a good season for all of the Viper teams.

Newt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62