Headroom for 95 Versus..

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Broch, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Broch

Broch Viper Owner

..headroom in a Gen 2/3/4 Coupe, is there more? With the cloth top on my gen 1, it's impossible to sit up straight. I know about lowering kits, but I wanted to know how much more in a couple in later years?

- Broch

2. BlackSnake99

BlackSnake99 Viper Owner

FWIW, I am somewhere between 6'3 and 6'4 and I have enough headroom in my Gen II GTS to wear a helmet. No lowering kit.

3. dave6666

dave6666 Enthusiast

I'm a solid 6-4 and in my GTS I have plenty of head room (no helmet but a ball cap) but leg room is not luxurious (36"+ inseam on me). That was w/o a seat lowering kit. I did put in a 1" kit just because and I do like it better now.

I also sat in an '06 before buying my GTS and the first thing I had to do when I got in it was take my cap off. No head room. But plenty of leg room. It was at a dealer lot and therefore no seat kit - factory height.

4. FrankBarba

FrankBarba Viper Owner

I'm a solid 5' 5" I have no problem fititng....

5. dave6666

dave6666 Enthusiast

So you're not between 5' 5" and 5' 5"? :rolaugh:

6. kenmo

kenmo Enthusiast

I'm 6'2" with a 2001 GTS. I'm just throwing a hail out for the seat lowering kit. I got a 2" kit for Christmas and installed it. I highly recommend it!! Gave me so much more visibility, leg room, and plenty of room for a helmet.

7. Leatherman

Leatherman Viper Owner

Headroom is actually nothing to do with height, that dictates legroom, it all depends on the size of your butt because that is what you sit on. :rolaugh:

8. dave6666

dave6666 Enthusiast

Height is a factor in headroom. That, factored with the proportion of upper body length to lower body length (the location of your ass not the size of it) determines both headroom and legroom.

I look reasonably average height when seated. But as I am a bit leggy, when I stand the 6-4 really shows. My ass is therefore higher off the ground than maybe other people that are 6-4.