HELP/ ACR / LIFT / GARAGE/ Recomendations

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need someone with a 08/09 ACR to give me some measurements.. Here is my dilema....I want to put a lift at some point in my single bay of my 3 car garage..The single bay will work the best because of ceiling height and the fact that its the one I want to use the least as far as ease of use if that makes sense,lol...
Here is my problem, my garage opening is 7'8 and the left side has a wall that is only 13" from the opening(It has a section that indents 13" about 8" in)...I dont know if I can line a lift up so A) My ACRs wheels will be on both ramps. B) I have to attain A and get it through the opening without tearing the sides off my car,lol....
Can someone with a ACR A) measure(exactly) the width of the front wheels from outside to outside.( I see in the Spring 2009 Viper mag it lists front track as 61.6 is that correct) B) the distance between theinside of the front wheels. C) The width of the wheels. D) the total width of the front including the Front Splitter or the widest part of the car.. Iam fighting the stupid opening and I cant get it made wider because of a structual steel beam is between the garages:mad:
Is there anyone who can recomend a 4 post lift that will help me overcome these 2 problems?Is there someone who has put a lift in for their Viper with space limitations?
Any help would be appreciated...Kevin

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say whatever the measurements that were in VM arre probably correct for your car. As far as a lift I bought a Backyard Buddy. Love it! I have a GEN II and GEN IV viper and I can get my GEN IV under it just fine so i'm assuming that I can get on without any issue either. Here is a link to a thread I started back befor I bought my lift. Lost of good info in this thread. http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/618164-car-lift-my-garage.html Hope this helps!!
Hi everyone,
I need someone with a 08/09 ACR to give me some measurements.. Here is my dilema....I want to put a lift at some point in my single bay of my 3 car garage..The single bay will work the best because of ceiling height and the fact that its the one I want to use the least as far as ease of use if that makes sense,lol...
Here is my problem, my garage opening is 7'8 and the left side has a wall that is only 13" from the opening(It has a section that indents 13" about 8" in)...I dont know if I can line a lift up so A) My ACRs wheels will be on both ramps. B) I have to attain A and get it through the opening without tearing the sides off my car,lol....
Can someone with a ACR A) measure(exactly) the width of the front wheels from outside to outside.( I see in the Spring 2009 Viper mag it lists front track as 61.6 is that correct) B) the distance between theinside of the front wheels. C) The width of the wheels. D) the total width of the front including the Front Splitter or the widest part of the car.. Iam fighting the stupid opening and I cant get it made wider because of a structual steel beam is between the garages:mad:
Is there anyone who can recomend a 4 post lift that will help me overcome these 2 problems?Is there someone who has put a lift in for their Viper with space limitations?

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need someone with a 08/09 ACR to give me some measurements.. Here is my dilema....I want to put a lift at some point in my single bay of my 3 car garage..The single bay will work the best because of ceiling height (12+)and the fact that its the one I want to use the least as far as ease of use if that makes sense,lol...
Here is my problem, my garage opening is 7'8(WIDE) and the left side has a wall that is only 13" from the opening(It has a section that indents 13" about 8'in)...I dont know if I can line a lift up so A) My ACRs wheels will be on both ramps. B) I have to attain A and get it through the opening without tearing the sides off my car,lol....
Can someone with a ACR A) measure(exactly) the width of the front wheels from outside to outside.( I see in the Spring 2009 Viper mag it lists front track as 61.6 is that correct) B) the distance between the inside of the front wheels. C) The width of the wheels. D) the total width of the front including the Front Splitter or the widest part of the car.. Iam fighting the stupid opening and I cant get it made wider because of a structual steel beam is between the garages:mad:

I couldnt edit my post so I had to do it in a reply..??? Thanks 01 SB:2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will take a look tonight when I get back from a meeting, I don't think it's a problem but I can take some pictures and measurements for you, my lift is a perfect park and I've had my ACR both on the top and the bottom.
I can also go right up the ramps without any two by fours added and I think that might be a bigger worry for you based on what lift you pick. And my ACR is lowered, not completely but significantly.
Anyhoo, I will take a look later tonight and get back on here.
Bottom line if you got your coupe in there you should be ok with the acr, and you may not have thought of it but the wing height is not an issue either.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I re read your post and see the problem, the beam, I will check that.

Lee,
I have plenty of ceiling room..12' + but my door width is only 7'8...I was able to put my big BMW X-5 which has the sport package(read big rubber) in with enough room on each side going slowly,lol....From the left wall to the ouside of the left tire it measured 23". I would think that would give enough room for the post to the ouside of the left ramp..? I have to get both ramps and the left posts lined up in 92"....Iam pissed because I wanted to widen the door 12" but cant because of the steel beam,lol....Kevin

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing that might help is deciding on a lift first. Every lift has just slightly different mesurements. Once you know what you want you can go from there. :)
Lee,
I have plenty of ceiling room..12' + but my door width is only 7'8...I was able to put my big BMW X-5 which has the sport package(read big rubber) in with enough room on each side going slowly,lol....From the left wall to the ouside of the left tire it measured 23". I would think that would give enough room for the post to the ouside of the left ramp..? I have to get both ramps and the left posts lined up in 92"....Iam pissed because I wanted to widen the door 12" but cant because of the steel beam,lol....Kevin

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing that might help is deciding on a lift first. Every lift has just slightly different mesurements. Once you know what you want you can go from there. :)

Kevin, from what I've read Bob is correct, you need to measure the lift not the viper.

I've got a tight garage in all directions, the posts on the right side are only 2-4" from the wall. You need to really measure and/or find a lift that will work for you, the viper isn't going to be an issue, the lift size is. Good luck. Mike

aaa_garage_2.jpg

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may have a problem, the width of my lift is 107" outside measurement post to post. When I drive any Viper between the posts I clear the posts by an inch or two on each side (without the mirrors tucked in) so I doubt there is a lift that is much more narrow.
You might want to look into a two post lift, that would allow you to shift the posts a bit inside the door frame measurements at the point you want to.
Good news is... stop worrying about the width of the ACR it won't be a problem
Let me know if I can be of further help.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
greg smith equipment, I have a bought a few from them and have never had a problem. just type in google, they are a large outfit.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Kevin, from what I've read Bob is correct, you need to measure the lift not the viper.

I've got a tight garage in all directions, the posts on the right side are only 2-4" from the wall. You need to really measure and/or find a lift that will work for you, the viper isn't going to be an issue, the lift size is. Good luck. Mike

aaa_garage_2.jpg

Out of curiosity, what is the ceiling height of your garage?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what is the ceiling height of your garage?[/quote]

10' high. The lift posts are 7'. Two vipers plus the ramp platform is about 8 1/2'. The garage door in the open position is a bigger issue than the garage height. I replaced my opener (with a "side" unit) and had new tracks installed that move the door higher. Now I don't have to back the top viper in anymore.

garage_5.JPG

garage_new_door.JPG

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may have a problem, the width of my lift is 107" outside measurement post to post. When I drive any Viper between the posts I clear the posts by an inch or two on each side (without the mirrors tucked in) so I doubt there is a lift that is much more narrow.
You might want to look into a two post lift, that would allow you to shift the posts a bit inside the door frame measurements at the point you want to.
Good news is... stop worrying about the width of the ACR it won't be a problem
Let me know if I can be of further help.

A board member gave me the name of a company that will make a narrower lift but I still need the total width of the front(dive planes included if they stick out)..I also need the width of the front and rear rubber and the distance between the front tires too..I want to make sure the lift I buy will have ramps that fit both tires with no overhang.Viper Mag lists the Vipers overall width(at sills) as 75.2 is that the widest part of the ACR?.Kevin

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a single post lift from someone like AC Lifts. The tracks are 100% adjustable, hence if you can get the car through the door, you should be fine. For height, most lifts are the height of the two cars, plus 10". if it works, then you are rocking. I will see if I cna find pictures of my 3rd/4th car garage as I crammed in a four post lift in that and it is tight. Not duke boys "in and out" tight but pretty close.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aspirations,
First off...... Congratulations ! When the wait is over, you will see that it was all worth it.

I just took a tape measure and measured the best I could the widest that the ACR is. To me it appears that the widest point is the rear fender right above the rear wheels. I measured it at no less than 77" .

Tomorrow, I will take a bunch of pictures of my setup with some dimensions for you.
As Coloviper suggested, I just installed the Bendpak single post lift. It works great. Absolutely no issues reversing the ACR up on it.
The platform is adjustable in width, but when it comes to the Viper you will need it at it's widest setting. I have to be VERY careful backing up onto it. I have less than 2" on each side of my rear wheels clearance....thats it. The overall width is about 108" and the platform width (inside dimension) is 80 "

Here is a quick link to the Bendpak single post lift BendPak PL-6SPX Parking Lift, 6,000 Lb. Capacity Single Post, Extended Rise

I'll get pictures up for you tomorrow.

Lance

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance,
Why do you have to back up your ACR on to it..? Does it have to be bolted down..? I dont like the idea of a solid tray as I would want to at least do minor maint. on the acr or our other vehicles...I still think I can get a 4 post to work but if you can get the demensions that I requested in the posts above I would appreciate it...Oh on post up some pics of your ACR!!!! Kevin

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kevin,

The post most definitely must be bolted down.
I reverse on due to the way it is situated in my garage.
The center panels (3 of them) all come out so you can do minor maintenance on the car.
The rear end on the car is probably 3 - 4 inches wider than the front end.
I'll measure all those for you tomorrow.

Lance

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone with a ACR
A) measure(exactly) the width of the front wheels from outside to outside.( I see in the Spring 2009 Viper mag it lists front track as 61.6 is that correct)
B) the distance between theinside of the front wheels.
C) The width of the wheels.
D) the total width of the front including the Front Splitter or the widest part of the car..

Hey Kevin,
To answer the questions from your first post:
A) Front wheels outside to outside = 74" (Rear wheels outside to outside = 76")
B) Distance between the inside of the front wheels = 51"
C) Width of the front wheels = 11.5"
D) The widest point of the car is at the rear view mirrors = 78 1/2". The next widest would be the fender right above the rear wheels which is about 76.5 "

Here are a bunch of pictures of my setup:

You must be registered for see images attach

This is my ACR on the Bendpak Single Post lift As you can see, I have the lift pretty much up against the wall. (I spaced it off the wall just enough to give me room to store my spare tires)

I fabricated the tire rack to bolt up to the platform. Now I can get the spare wheels off the floor and out of the way :clap:

The distance between the wall and the inside edge of the platform is set at 23" (so essentially if the ACR was at its closest point on the platform to the center post, it would be 23" from the wall.

You must be registered for see images

At the widest point, the platform is 107" from the wall.
As you can see from the pictures, there isn't a lot of room on either side of the wheels to the edge of the platform. They say that they are adjustable with the max width being 80". This leaves me 2" on either side of the rear wheels.

The center panels do lift out very easily to give you limited access.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance,
First of all Beautiful ACR and 02 GTS......I really want to go with a 4 post lift as I dont want to bolt anything down and I dont know how deep the concrete is in my garage...I will also be storing my wifes Z4 under it.....The figures you gave me are great so now I can really talk to the lift people and see what will work...I aasume if I wanted to go with a single post I could have the post on the right side.? I can park under it too correct..? What is the maximum hight you can lift your car with your lift..? I have a 12'+ ceiling so Iam good..Sorry for all the questions,lol...Thanks again for the info...Kevin l

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kevin,
Yes you can have the lift installed in either direction.
I bought the PL-6SPX which gives me 85" clearance under the lift when it is at the top.
This will allow me to park even my tallest vehicle under it. The ACR is about 48" tall

Because of the lay out in my garage, I HAD to do a single post lift so that I could maneuver the cars around. If I could have put in a 4 post lift, I would have as they are considerably less (1/2 the cost) than the single post lift.

Good Luck !