HELP concerning Viper Notes

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Concerning the Viper Notes, I was told some time ago by Joseph Houss that the Viper Notes are not mailed to VCA Members outside the USA. He hinted at the possibility of e-mailing the text only but that was the last I heard.

Would any other VCA member outside the USA be interested in getting Viper Notes?

Tony, could they be archived somewhere on this site?

Many thanks for your help.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I begged and pleaded since issue 1 that VCA notes be posted and/or archived here........especially the FAQ and other non-time sensitive, re-usable articles.

I was told by the prior VCA administration in very strong terms; NO! It is for paid VCA members only.

But I bet if you asked Joe Houss to e-mail you a copy, and included your VCA member #, he would. The nicest, sanest, most-fair guy here. Period. And head of VCA Message Board Committee!
[email protected]

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Now you've done it! I'm back to being Barney Fife again! ...Sane? PMUM...maybe your right! LOL

No prob with e-mailing any Canadian or International member VCA Notes as a MS Word File! All others can write me if their copy doesn't arrive within the next few days, and I can send 'ya out another.

Also, I'm considering increasing pages to 12! .... if we can just get a few more advertisers .... anyone interested?

OP
OP
S

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

As I followed up your post by sending you my request, I was wondering if there was any new development for e-mailing the VCA Notes as Ms-word files?

Many thanks.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm almost there. Just trying to figure out a way to get the graphics down to a digestable size.

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
I still think that having the VCA NOTES archived on the site as a .PDF document would be great. It could be full color, which especially advertisers would like. Would be read only and smaller than a Word file.

I would think advertisers would want as many as possible to see their ads. As for having to be a VCA member, So Cal has put their newsletter online for several years, password protected for viewing “only” by So Cal members. No, it’s not 100% foolproof, but it’s up to someone to steal the password if they are not a member and want to view it online.

The current site is getting so hi tech that you could either use vca membership numbers as the password, attach a password to vca notes, or something similar.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marv S:
I still think that having the VCA NOTES archived on the site as a .PDF document would be great...........I would think advertisers would want as many as possible to see their ads...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BINGO, Marv ! I don't see a downside to archiving the older issue of VCA notes, once the NEWEST edition comes out. Then, MEMBERS get their issue weeks early....non members wait 6-8 weeks.

And, so many of the FAQ articles are asked about over-and-over-and-over right here. If they were archived, the stored info would add benefit to this site....Members who misplace the newsletter could find it again, online. Cmon, VCA officers??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21