Help! I have cats hiding under/in my car

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. I know I am going to get flamed for letting kittens into the garage but I have a simple problem. There are two stray kittens hiding underneath my car and I just can't get them out. They usually hide between the motor and the firewall but occasionally migrate from one car "cave" to another. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. The excellent cruising weather is not making it easy for me to deal with this since I have not been able to drive the Viper for a week now thanks to these feline critters. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start the car.

No don't do that, it's the most horrible sound you will ever hear, not to mention the mess.

I don't know man, GOOD LUCK!

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
garolittle
Go to your local farm supply get a havaheart live trap bait it and catch the critters,then to show them you mean business remove the side sills and remove the cats hiding there. :smirk:

Skeeter

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why not just roll the car(s) out of the garage? If they stay under the car, use a hose to flush them out.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
get some food and put it away from the car. Don't start your car...it would be mean and cause a mess not to mention the smell.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cats like soft,warm, dark and small places to hide.

I had 2 strays in my Corvette garage, once I took a nice pillow and stuffed it into the lower shelfs, the cats moved from the roof of my 1963 Split window.

Its either that or to get rid of them....

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start the car.

No don't do that, it's the most horrible sound you will ever hear, not to mention the mess.

I don't know man, GOOD LUCK!

LMAO 52! I was thinking cat nip or if you can't get that...find a stick.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary. Be extremely careful, as it is illegal to remove your cats from the car. Most Dodge dealers will even refuse to remove the cats, even if you wish to replace them with other cats. Some tuners will sell you replacement cats, which are legal in some states, but not others. You can do a search on this site for replacement cats. Lots of opinions from members. Some have even noticed that if you replace your cats, you will begin to notice a rotten egg smell. That may be even worse than leaving your cats on your car.
Organic cats...metalic cats...ceramic cats....Oh MY! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cats have sensitive noses. Buy a box of moth balls and place it underneath the car or in the general area. I used to work for a Veterinarian when I was a kid and it actually works. Leave the garage door cracked so they can leave. Good luck.

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the great advice. The "mom" cat will actually come into the garage to "nurse" the little critters but every time I make a move to grab, net, or otherwise capture the little guys .... well, they scram. I will try some of the ideas and report back.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the great advice. The "mom" cat will actually come into the garage to "nurse" the little critters but every time I make a move to grab, net, or otherwise capture the little guys .... well, they scram. I will try some of the ideas and report back.

When you get them out, Lower your Viper like mine and whalla! No more critter problems...car will sit too low for them to get under! LOL!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why dont you just try the water thing. cat HATE getting wet, and if you keep your car in the garage for any length of time it needs to have the garage dust rinsed off it. also gary, you live in georgia. a great fireworks state. buy a couple smoke bombs, roll your windows up open the garage and declare war on those kitties. they will have no place to go but out. see yah.

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just roll the car(s) out of the garage? If they stay under the car, use a hose to flush them out.

Well, this solution worked. The cats are out and I can now hit the roads. Sometimes the most obvious answer is right in front of your nose. Thanks!

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem you have except that the car was sleeping on the hood!!!! I bought a bunch of hanging mothballs and put them all over my garage and the cat has stayed away every since. Too bad the garage smells like a toilet and the fact that I can barely breath when I get in there. But they do work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave