Help me decide, share pics if you got em. Red stripes or red driver stripe ????

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had an all black gen2, gen3, and now gen4. As I patiently wait for a gen5 I want, which isn't going to happen this year, I'm getting bored and looking to do something. My car is all black & a vert, 6 spokes.

I'm getting an autoform rollbar in the next 2 wks, it's viper red powder coated. I was immediately thinking to re-coat it black, then I thought well what if I did silver and did stripes, then I thought what if I left it red and saved the re-coat $ and did a red drivers stripe of dual 8" stripes in red, or ... I'm looking at stripe kits, not paint, in case I HATE it, plus I do fully hope to be getting a gen5 in 2014 (vert or TA) & want to be able to go to factory look for the new buyer then.

What are your thoughts? I love the way my car looks as is, but just looking to play and hec after VOI12 my car is a bit boring next to all those purdy combos out there. Thnx.
Dave.

brifri11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got these pictures from a quick Google search... My opinion only, but I've always preferred the dual stripes. But with a convertible the stripes wont go onto the soft top which I think would take a little away from the beauty of it. I do like the one single stripe, but again wouldn't go through the roof. (plus if you do the driver side stripe you have to get the steering wheel to match :D). I prefer dual silver stripes on a black viper. Looks amazing

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I've been looking at the red now NDA thinking its not for me. I guess I'll re-powder coat the rollbar. A dark silver or graphite is more my style. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21