Help! Still Can't Lock Back Window-'98 RT/10

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I've tried the dance of moving the window forwards/ backwards, side to side....but with no luck!:brick: Cannot turn the two locks into place. Don't want to apply too much pressure so I don't break off the key.:bonker:

Had a thought, do I unsnap the bottom snaps and pull the bottom out a little so I can close the two lock levers and then move to snap the snaps?:dunno:

Thoughts, recommendations?:headbang:

Thanks.

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you have the wrong key for the window locks. This happened to me. What I did was remove the black plastic round cover that covers the locks from inside the window. From there, you loosen the screw which loosens that latch and then you can pull the window out. Just reverse the procedure to install the window. Fortunately, I've the put window in two times in two years so this does not bother me. There is a rear window lock kit that can be ordered...comes with new keys. Tator could help you there.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, silly question, does the window open to the inside? :dunno: I have the correct key, as I can turn the lock so the piece goes partially in the slot.:nono: I thought maybe if I unsnapped the bottom, I would have been luck getting it into the two slots in the crossbar.

If it does open to the inside, do I unsnap the bottom snaps and pull the bottom in (toward the front of the car)?

Real basic questions, but just don't want to break anything by forcing it.:bonker:

Thanks.

Peter

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean open to the inside ? The window is installed from the inside if that's what you mean. You place the bottom of the window in first from the inside, snap the two snaps to the body and push the window outward towards the rear until it stops. The locks should be on the inside and be lined up with the slots on the crossbar. I don't think there is any adjustment to the window so if it doesn't lock my question would be does it look like you have the factory rubber seal around the window ? If the rubber was replaced with somthing that wasn't close to factory that might be your problem. I thought Chuck was going to look at it, what did he say ?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can undo the bottom snaps. It's OK. Try posting a pic and maybe we can spot the problem.

So, silly question, does the window open to the inside? :dunno: I have the correct key, as I can turn the lock so the piece goes partially in the slot.:nono: I thought maybe if I unsnapped the bottom, I would have been luck getting it into the two slots in the crossbar.

If it does open to the inside, do I unsnap the bottom snaps and pull the bottom in (toward the front of the car)?

Real basic questions, but just don't want to break anything by forcing it.:bonker:

Thanks.

Peter

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I picked up the car from Chuck's, we got into a discussion of what he did to the car and I never got to the subject of the rear window. Yes, I meant opens to the inside.

Okay, I'll do some more playing and try to take some pictures of what is going on.

Thanks.

Peter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper