hennessey gets a lot of flack but he is still #1 for Viper Tuners

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HouseofSpeed:
Devildog....not really worried about you as a potential customer, thanks just the same. I don't consider John a competitor, and my business is doing very well...all because I tell the truth, good or bad. John took *** shots at me on every board in the country after I left his employ, and I held my tongue. Where is John now???

I am personally sick of hearing about his "impact" on the business. Obviously his snow job worked on you as well. If he were really that good, he could build cars without all the people that have left (myself, Ben, Larry, Jason, Joe, et al.).
Haven't seen anything fast from HMS in awhile...and by deductive reasoning, that confirms his position as the greatest imposter since the Wizard of Oz.

You must be registered for see images

Enjoy your car, but don't be too quick too lay your rep on the line for John....he liked you for the cash you spent, nothing more.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
HouseofSpeed,
Let me get this straight. While you worked for John you didn't know about all the claimed bad things that were happening. Since you were doing all the work taking apart people's cars so the parts could be sold and the person actually not putting the upgraded parts in people's cars that they paid for you're the innocent one right? BTW, Jason and Joe are the guys that worked on my car for both my 500 and 650R upgrades. I'd like to believe I got what I paid for from the guys doing the work. If not, in my book you guys are more guilty than John besides being cowards and hiding behind him while claiming how great you and your business are. I like Jason and Joe and John and as far as I know I got what I paid for. If Jason and Joe have left HMS I wish them the best in their new pursuits!
Oh! BTW, as I recall the Wizard of Oz turned out to be a pretty nice guy. Maybe you should watch the movie again.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the end, who cares about a magazine. Talk to the customers who have the cars and how the person in question treats people.
The real test on a car is how it performs on the street IN the CUSTOMERS hands. If a person did do good in a magazine, hurrah for him, but did bad with their business handlings, shame on him.

What do YOU think is MORE important???? A magazine test?? Please.... I could have brought my 1985 Lincoln Town Car to the test.......and finished.

Gerald

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
In the end, who cares about a magazine. Talk to the customers who have the cars and how the person in question treats people.
The real test on a car is how it performs on the street IN the CUSTOMERS hands. If a person did do good in a magazine, hurrah for him, but did bad with their business handlings, shame on him.

What do YOU think is MORE important???? A magazine test?? Please.... I could have brought my 1985 Lincoln Town Car to the test.......and finished.

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah you would have finished for good in the wall at the end of the 150 mph straight.
laugh.gif
Also, I don't buy your BS about a comparable test being done on the different tuners not being important. Based on Doug's response to me I'm certain he would have liked to have been there and hopefully he will be for the next one. If you like your DLM car and the service you received that's great. Ditto that for me with my Venom. If you really believe that direct comparisons, testing and competition are not important then don't even consider running that Porsche 996...to use your phrase....what would be your point? Just tell the Porsche guy you like your car and you get great service and that is all that matters and therefor he should just give you the $5K!...Please....

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HouseofSpeed:
oneslowhemi.....obviously you don't know John very well. I speak from experience in regards to whether or not he is mechanically capable. You read too many magazines and are like so many of the other sheep out there that continue to buy the bull$hit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kyle,
Just a little suggestion. I assume from your HouseofSpeed board name you are in the business of performance tuning. Don't be negative about your competitors! It just casts doubts about your own abilities and integrity. From your posts, I would never do business with you.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
PS As far as a published test of a DLM car PLEASE stay tuned.Evan Smith and the guys at Mopar Perf Ill will be testing Dan Blacks Level 1 plus car shortly.(Sept ).If the magazine DOES NOT incorporate Dans car in an issue the results can be posted immediately on this board.Evan did drive Dans car (preliminary run )a few weeks ago and proclaimed it the fastest TRUE STREET car he has ever driven (keep in mind he has driven thousands of tuner cars over his career.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's better than nothing, however, an extensive hard testing like the C&D tuner challenge under the same conditions is the only true outcome to determine the best car imo.

randall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devildog,
i have never met john,but i'm entitled to have an opinion based the info i read!

Car & Driver:10 lawsuits
eek.gif
3 liens
eek.gif
1 out of 100 D&B financial stress rating
eek.gif
12 complaints with BBB
eek.gif

in my company i run a credit rating on all new potential clients,if they have a bad score we elect not to do bussiness with them.that score reflects something about there character.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devildog...this is my last response...yes, we all knew about John's bad business, but as employees...what do you do? Your only choice is to quit...much like I did after John's BS became a threat to my reputation.

I appreciate your take on the situation...but I was not a participant in the stolen parts game, my job centered around tuning and dyno work. No shipping of hoods, wheels, etc....just engine work.

I agree that this horse is officially dead...and we should quit beating it now.

Randall....Kansas isn't that far from Texas....I can still take care of your car!!! Give me a call if you need anything.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by No Mercy:
Check page 11 of this months Car and Driver.

The guy is a crook and could not tune a Harmonica!!

His shop has produced some bad *** cars, in the past. I have also noticed the same orange TT Viper that HMS doesn't even own is the only one that is ever being tested. I know three people who have sent him money for TTs and none have ever been finished. Based upon my conversation with the Houstaon police and the information that I have gathered, his time is just about up!!

Devil Dog, I asume you are a former Marine. As am I. You more than most can understand how I feel about this. If you got screwed and the guy just laughed in your face ... I asume you would handle things. Thank god I am in Hawaii ... Semper Fi brother enjoy that beast!!
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No Mercy,
You are correct...Semper Fi. I base my comments about John and his staff on my own personal experience. I was treated extremely well at HMS and got a stout Venom as advertised. Therefor, being a Marine yourself I know that you would also stand by people ( John ) if they treated you well. If you had a bad experience then I understand how you feel about it. Unlike you there are too many children on this board that don't have any experience with HMS that pile on and bash HMS or anybody else for that matter because of their immaturity and low self-esteem which evidently causes them to have a herd mentality and want to be popular by going with the majority. I think you probably know who I'm referring to. I don't think it is fair to John or anyone else to be persecuted on this board by people with no personal knowledge or dealings on the subject. If you were wronged I wish you the appropriate resolution through our justice system. This board should not be judge, jury and executioner especially as represented by the members I referred to above. We are the VCA. The " A " stands for America. People are innocent until proven guilty. If and when they are proven guilty would be the appropriate time to have that stated on this board as a fact.
BTW, I wish I lived in Hawaii. Been there once...beautiful place. Take care.
Aloha Bro!
patriotx.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Devildog...this is my last response...yes, we all knew about John's bad business, but as employees...what do you do? Your only choice is to quit...much like I did after John's BS became a threat to my reputation.

I appreciate your take on the situation...but I was not a participant in the stolen parts game, my job centered around tuning and dyno work. No shipping of hoods, wheels, etc....just engine work.

I agree that this horse is officially dead...and we should quit beating it now.

Randall....Kansas isn't that far from Texas....I can still take care of your car!!! Give me a call if you need anything.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kyle,
Agreed.
Thanks,
Jim

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steelgts:
devildog,

What is it with you defending this guy. It is not only by chance that all these people came out against john. And its not just he said she said rumors. I went to a local shop to do some minor upgrades, and being that I am in love with the Hennessey air box I wanted to order it and even this shop (shop does not specialize in vipers) said that he would order but did not guaranty delivery and said he had a couple of negative experiences with Hennessey. Your car came out great, and you were pleased with his service, congratulations. But don't bash people for expressing the way they feel about the guy. I'm convinced he is a crook and my 20k is itching in my pocket, for DLM S/C kit.
just a few more things to take care of and I'm off to see the real wizard.
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
steelgts,
I think I explained the reason for my position on HMS quite well in my above post. If you don't understand it or agree that's your decision. As far as bashing people that don't agree with me, I think you should go back and review the history following my first post of my personal experience at HMS. I think you will find that I am the one that was first bashed ( First Blooded ) and have been continually bashed every time I post ie. check the current post about the price of a Venom 550. If you find fault with me for defending myself too bad! As far as your contention that a lot of what is being said is absolutely true and not he said...she said I totally disagree. Look at your own example. Sounds like he said to me. You did not have any direct experience with John or HMS did you? Hopefully, people don't judge you based on what they hear about you. Think about it!!! On the contrary, I don't understand or agree with your position.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devildog,

I honestly think you are the most gullible person on this board. And furthermore I don't think your defense of John has anything to do with you being upset about unjust "bashing" but rather you really WANT to believe you went with the A1 tuner and not the guy who rips people off. You come out and bash anyone that has something to say about the whole HMS situation, including me.

Would you invest in Enron? Why not? I mean you don't PERSONALLY know anything about the situation right? Would you let the guys under indictment at Andersen audit you? Why not, you don't PERSONALLY have experience with them do you? Would you let Charles Manson come and stay with you? Why not, he never killed YOU did he? Perception IS reality and you're only trying to protect the PERCEPTION that new unknowledgeable people will have towards HMS. The only reason I can think of why is because you WANT SO BAD to believe he is not what he is being portrayed as.

The whole point is a trend is established and people extrapolate from that trend so they can feel comfortable sending a car and money to a tuner. I never bought anything from Doug but the guy has helped me on a few occasions, and I have friends with his cars who are happy, so as a 3rd party I have an opinion of him, even if I never sent him money. Same with HMS. I'm sure you wouldn't be so outspoken towards people if they were singing HMS's praises - would you? Would you come on and slam people who said they like HMS because their friends car is so good? No, your only issue is with bashing. So if your REAL problem is not commentary from 3rd parties, but rather it is bashing - why is that? Why do you only speak out about the bad stuff and not the good stuff? Do you have some financial stake in HMS? Or is it just that you don't like when people slam a tuner and make you feel silly for going with them? I don't see other guys with HMS cars being so outspoken so why are you? I don't get it.

For your information, I have talked to John a few times. I even emailed him and asked what the deal was when I started hearing some of my friends tell me they were getting screwed. I didn't have a knee **** reaction, I investigated it myself. I've talked to MOST of the people who have problems with him, as well as many who haven't. I even went to far as to purchase some stuff from HMS (or try to) and I backed out because I got a call from someone who WORKED there telling me the parts I was trying to buy were take-offs from someone else's car without their permission (i.e. stolen parts). I was ready to get a Venom package on my GTS and one of John's OWN installers who WORKED THERE suggested that I buy the parts only and go to a shop of my choice for the install because he told me they had several cars in their shop being "fixed" because they were missing parts. I have 2 friends who bought Venom cars and the had the same problem of missing parts and had to battle HMS for them. These are not "some guys" they are people I consider FRIENDS who I hang out with and go drinking with and go out to eat with - they are guys I KNOW not just some dude on a message board I dont know from adam. In addition, due to the people I know in the club, I heard a LONG time ago about these problems with HMS.... rather than just be a lemming, I looked into it, and years ago I knew about the lawsuits and the BBB ratings, and the screwed-over creditors and the judgements and the stories of parts being taken off and re-sold, and parts being sold as something other than what they were.

By your logic, because I never actually *personally* lost money, I should have nothing to say about the matter right? Is that what you're saying? Sorry Devildog, but I am probably more aware of the whole "HMS thing" than you know.

FYI, I did the same amount of checking about DLM and they came up smelling like roses - no problems at all. I checked into LPE before I went with them too and they also came out golden.

If only people who got screwed can talk, then there will be a whole new flock of people coming to the site and hearing very few negative experiences, so they will spend their money and if they get screwed, they'll wonder why nobody said anything when we all knew about it the whole time.

So, do you still think I don't have the "right" to say anything bad about HMS? Or am I 'allowed' to now???? Before you go PRESUMING that anyone with something to say is just jumping on the bandwagon, maybe YOU should speak from personal experience too huh? The hypocrisy is amazing... you slam people who don't see things your way and claim they are just being lemming and regurgitating rumor, but you never took the time to check whether they speak from experience or not. So you're guilty of what you accuse others of. Hypocrite.

And for the record, I feel bad for John actually. I don't think he set out to screw anyone over - I think it just happened. Maybe bills came in and things got tight and he was using his customers to prop up his cash flow? I dunno, but I do know that some people got crappy deals in the process and no matter how nice of a guy he is, that's not cool and we should not sit idley by and cover for his mistakes because of some silly ideal of needing first hand experience before stating an opinion.

And I think you owe an apology to all the people you have been slamming Devildog, WITHOUT *ANY* knowledge of their experiences with HMS.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know I just want to add that I think this horse has been beaten beyond death. This is not the first time Devildog has suggested I am being insincere or that I have ulterior motives. I am sorry for boring everyone with a long drawn out novel about my experiences, but if someone is going to say I am a lemming and I am just following the herd to gain approval, they should have some backup for that other than "just because". I wanted to put out there for the record why I have the opinion I do, so that in the future if someone feels I am just a lemming following the herd they can do a search and see where I'm coming from.

I think the original question has been answered - which was "parts depreciate alot more than the vehicle", and "ultimately it's worth what someone will pay for it". I hope the original poster get a Viper he is happy with, and if it's a Venom car and he is happy with it, then more power to him - he won't be the first or last person to be happy with an HMS car.

Devildog, why not just let it go... you've been following me around and posting in other threads I create making snide comments and acting like a 12 year old. I have nothing against you - you're probably a real nice guy (which I've heard from some guys I know that know you)... so let's just leave it as we have our opinions and we are both entitled to them. OK?

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
I couldn't have said it better myself! I have first hand experience being screwed by Hennessey. Mine was intentional and blatant. When I fist came public with what happened to me, people jumped all over me. No one wanted to believe it was true. This thinking actually got other people in trouble and I have since received emails from VCA members telling me they should have listened because they later got ripped off. This board and it's members has come a long way. Now many have come forward with their details of what happened to them. Finally our whole group is more educated to what is going on in our Viper world.
Devildog, I think I speak for everyone when I say we are happy you got what you paid for. You are not the norm though and most would have to be stupid to part with that kind of money on a crap shoot. There is a reason John isn't posting on this site anymore. Don't you think he would want to from a marketing standpoint? We as the Viper community got fed up with him stealing from this relatively small group of people. True there are three sides to every story, but don't assume that when so many people come out and say the same thing happened to them they are lying. Bottom line, he has a reputation for hurting the members of our fine community. This is probably why so many people will comment on a thread that says Hennessey is still #1 for Viper Tuners. It is scary to me that someone new to the VCA might actually believe it and send off their cash.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Peabody Mike,
It's amazing as I've stated before that you know everything about everything including me. As I've stated before, I have related facts about my HMS experience. I don't care if you are jealous of my Venom 650R. Learn to live with it! Maybe when you get your ugly SRT-10 you can convince yourself you have a Viper also. I don't care what you have heard about HMS you have no personal experience and the fact that you pass judgement on anyone including John just shows how full of yourself you are and what a lemming you are. I've stated my reasons above and don't appreciate you thinking so much of yourself to presume to tell me what my reasons are or what I believe. You are the most arrogant individual I believe I've ever conversed with. It's you and people like you that attack my posts about HMS not the other way around. Check the posting records or don't the facts matter? As far as other happy HMS owners not jumping into this and stating their good experiences they probably see how I'm attacked for stating a factual good HMS experience and choose not to have to defend their statements to a horde of lemmings with no facts like you. In regard to my attacks of your other posts learn to live with that too. Turnabout is fair play. If you can't take it then don't dish out unprovoked attacks of my posts. BTW, I am a nice guy and I stand by people that treat me correctly like John and HMS until the appropriate authorities prove otherwise. I choose not to follow you and stand by everything I've said regarding HMS. PERIOD! One last thing, I'll buy all you lemmings tickets to Scandinavia or Siberia and even throw in some fresh veggies if you'll just follow through in the night and meet your lemming fate. If not, why don't you find someone else other than HMS or me to act out your insecurities and exercise your arrogant judge, jury and executioner mentality. Lemmings don't and shouldn't inhabit America!
usa-clear-s.gif

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEVILDOG:
If not, why don't you find someone else other than HMS or me to act out your insecurities and exercise your arrogant judge, jury and executioner mentality. Lemmings don't and shouldn't inhabit America!
usa-clear-s.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After wading through all your ululating posts, I have come to the realization you are John's twin evil brother. You are really speaking about yourself when you state the above injudicious(partial quote)remark along with other incogitant statements directed towards anyone else that doesn't cater to your belief's.
When no one agrees with you they are lemmings? I believe it would be the other way around; we all would be lemmings if we took what you said and agreed with you, just because you say it is so.

A lemming fact:

The lemming lives extensively in North America and last time I I received my tax return, Alaska was still part of the United States. Of course with your attitude, I would probably have to mail you a live one along with an officially notarized, sealed and certified legal paper attesting to the fact that I "personally" had seen this lemming and have first hand knowledge of its very existence.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Toronto_ACR:
I have heard a lot of bad things about hennessey and the way he does business. But one thing that you can say positive about him is that he is allways the one in the magazines and allways at the top in rankings against all other Viper tuners. Doug Leven seems like he can make real solid power but he is not at any of these meets trying to get business which i think is a mistake because I think he would do well. I also dont think that SVSi is a factor. he claims a lot but you never hear or see of him in regards to Vipers. At least Hennessey is there which you have to give him credit for.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Son of Sam got alot of ink too.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shakedown:
This thread is ***!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

???? Different adjectives come to mind... but '***' -
***, as in ****** preference; or ***, as in happy?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY MIKE! I'M A HAPPY HENNESSEY CUSTOMER! SEE...

Now I don't drink but I'll buy you both a beer!

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DD is one wacked mo fo. I actually feel sorry for him. One person can NOT have this much anger towards 90% of the Viper Board without having SERIOUS personal problems.

So DD if you are having marital problems, financial problems, low on your Zoloft or whatever it is I hope you get better.
frown.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEVILDOG:
Peabody Mike,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DevilHam,

LOL I am laughing my butt off reading your post. Man, please go and get help.

But hey, I'd rather you flame me than smack the wife and kids around anymore
laugh.gif

Have a great day DevilDog!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DeviledEGGS,
Why is it that I smell the scent of rotten $hit everywhere you go? Is that racing stripe in your underwear still stinking up every room you go into? Or has that racing stripe become a racing chunk?
laugh.gif
You go around spouting your senseless babble everywhere. HMS Customers, like Trey, I respect. I even like HMS parts myself, but you representing John is like having Richard Simmons doing ads for the Bowflex
laugh.gif
Or having Roseanne do ads for ultra slim fast. You are just the nasty *********** causing the bu77 rash in the vca.
Love,
Smokin

dbvettez06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by Toronto_ACR:
I have heard a lot of bad things about hennessey and the way he does business. But one thing that you can say positive about him is that he is allways the one in the magazines and allways at the top in rankings against all other Viper tuners. Doug Leven seems like he can make real solid power but he is not at any of these meets trying to get business which i think is a mistake because I think he would do well. I also dont think that SVSi is a factor. he claims a lot but you never hear or see of him in regards to Vipers. At least Hennessey is there which you have to give him credit for.

You obviously have not followed this saga for the past 2 years, do some hard research and report back your findings...Talk to No Mercy and a couple others first hand, this is no joke....