Hennesseys Cars

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by getbit:
Originally posted by Gerald:
Jesus, what is with your rant? I never said the things that HMS is accused of is true or not. I am only objectively posting on a thread that asked for info from HMS VENOM OWNERS! That would be me. No offense buddy, but it seems that you and the HMS police feel as if Venom owners have no right to post here either. I, unlike yourself, don't feel the need to hop up on
the soap box everytime HMS is uttered around here. Once again for the slow: the thread, if you can read the title, asked for HMS owners responses so I responded. Please show some respect to those who are sharing our experience with our cars with others the chance to be proud of what we own without you naysaying. I believe the reitteration of John's rap sheet is
uncalled for. Enzo is obviously fully aware of the accusations
against HMS (as stated in the beginning of this thread). If you take the time to READ my post, you will understand that it is unbiased and true. The only opinions I stated were pointed out clearly to be opinions - not disguised to be fact.

THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE! Not yours or anyone elses.

Start a new thread about YOUR bad experience if you would like.
Let's just stick to the topic at hand.

If you have a problem with my posts, please feel free to email me and I'll give you my phone number to set your mind at ease as to my position on the HMS scandal.

thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gerald,
I second these comments from getbit. What is your problem? Did you personally have experience with HMS? I thought you had DLM upgrades. The original post did not ask for information about DLM. Are you that insecure about your DLM upgrades beyond the dyno performance that you have to continually bad mouth HMS and legitimate HMS Venom owners? Go tighten your SC belts and give us a break.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enzo,
Like JonB says, the year matters. My 600 was done in 96 and is a 514 cubic inch gen 1 stroker motor. It's like 650R of today except they are gen 2 motors. The newer Venom 600's are not stroker motors (standard 488 cubic inchs) they are supposed to have head work, cam, and larger throttle bodies and a few other mods. They were rated at 602 hp, the 1st gen was rated at 630 hp. I believe that to be about right as when I had mine dynoed a month or so back with 40,000 miles on it it made 547 rwhp x 15% = 629.05 flywheel hp. Yours if it's right should make around 525 rwhp. hope this helps....

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>As far as your last comment goes, I'm not surprised that you know all about getting off of other people's d!cks seeing you are from Hollywood....eddie!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh!! a low blow!! er...umm...nervermind!!
biggrin.gif

my point is that you are in the same general vicinity of HMS.. if you took a poll from all of the "victims", you would find that most of them are not within a 4 hour drive..

find me a viper owner who got screwed that lives in texas, and i will give you a dollar
smile.gif

- eddie -

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
eddie,
First of all, two towns over in Texas is not a short distance down the road. From my home in the DFW area to HMS in Houston is about 300 miles. Not exactly convenient for me to just fly down in my Viper if I have a problem. [/B][/QUOTE]

laugh.gif

I hear it all the time from tourists - "We thought we'd just drive down from Dallas and do lunch on the Riverwalk in SA - it looked so close on the map... now we have to rent another motel room and we don't have our clothes..."

State maps pretty well all fit on the same size piece of paper, but the scale gets real important here. It used to be easy to hop on Southwest, American or Continental and spend 40 minutes doing that, but now....

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HeliPilot:
To all those that GOT what they paid for before HMS turned into a cash and dash biz, congrats to you. No doubt that back then he had two of the best techs in the Viper world working for him and putting out some very strong cars. In the interim between the last REAL 650R coming out of his shop just before the brains and skills quit and opened up shop somewhere else, and today, some VERY questionable packages containing used, mismatched, stock and STOLEN parts hit the street. Once a particular magazine runs a story about this current status of HMS, the value of having a Venom package will most likely be a negative in the resale market. Most compaines that have a problem in production will run a recall based on serial numbers to **** out the bad units, but since this is not that type of enviornment, it will be very hard to disprove that the car you have is not one of these "in between" models. Does anyone on this forum believe HMS will be in business same time next year??? Well, to all the owners who got what they hoped for and continue to enjoy thier cars, I say you must have better timing than they guys who tried to do the same, only more recently. You happy Venom guys are just like people who cashed in thier Enron stock a week before the "collapse", LUCKY. The ones who attempted to do legit business with HMS in the period of time that he ran it into the ground, well you are like the stockholders who heard about Enron on CNN after the fact....SCREWED. Simple as that! So even you guys with the stongest of Hennessey's cars are gonna suffer one way or another when Johnboy goes on vacation to CLUB FED for the Criminal activity he has been involved in. It is not a matter of if, just a matter of how long. There are Lawyers working FULL TIME making sure of that. Long as you don't ever want to sell your car, you will be fine. If you do, you should have a prepared response when the prospective buyer questions the "package" that was put on your car. All it takes is ONE bad kit out there to have people wondering if they are buying IT. So far the number of these questionable packages is much greater than one.

When a company goes out of business and the President-CEO ends up in jail due to his "dealings", more than likely all the products of that company will suffer in the long run....

What is a Delorean worth today????????????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
My Venom 500+ upgrades were done in August '01. My Venom 650R upgrade was done in January '02. Guess that blows your timing theory. I got the advertised new parts and power and also got all of my original parts back. I don't plan on selling my car as I don't like the SRT-10 and want to keep my GEN 2 GTS anyway. For those Venom owners that do want to sell, as long as they prove the power output on a dyno they should have no problem selling an HMS Venom at an appropriate price.
smile.gif

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEVILDOG:
as long as they prove the power output on a dyno they should have no problem selling an HMS Venom at an appropriate price.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, they would be a rare collectable.I could read it now.

"For sale, one of the only hennessey cars that made the power it was suppose to!"

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
theanswriz42,
I have by no means defended JH in my post's just stated the fact that my car performs as advertised. As a side note the guy that had the car built was not from Texas, he was from from Memphis Tenn.

If all the war stories are true then JH will get what's comming to him and hell if he gets convicted, I might just have to sue because his actions might have devalued my car that just appraised at $54950 last month with 40,000 miles on it......

cmfwaic
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

Thanks for looking out for others. Gerald said it seemed as if Hennesey was more likely to screw over out of state cars.

Here is a statement by a former employee on that exact subject.

“If you were out of state, man you were fair game,” said Kyle Kent, a former employee at Hennessey Motorsports. When an out-of-state car came in it was sometimes parted out, with the wheels, tires and whatever else looked good going to other cars waiting to be finished or sold outright, according to Kent and others inside Hennessey Motorsports. Then Hennessey would call the car’s owner and try to sell him an upgraded kit. If the customer balked, Hennessey would take parts from other cars in the shop, or just let the job sit.

Kent described one typical disassembly on an out-of-state Viper. “The motor and transmission went into a Durango John was putting together, the brakes went to someone else, the hood went to a guy in Ohio, the rear bumper to South Carolina, man you name it. We had multiple cars like that.”

Here is more of the story.

http://vca1.viperclub.org/menus/index_forums.htm

karnatzel7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Being the current owner of a 2001 Venom 650 R, I could only say the looks and cel phone videos being taken is crazy. The original owner flew down from Florida to see the dyno #s himself. 13 years later, in my hands, it produces 713 lb.ft. of torque and 656 hp at the flywheel with 70mm ARP throttle bodies and SCT tune. New aluminum radiator from Sean at Roe racing supplied the old Hennessey supplied rad. I put her on Ebay to test the market value. Shows a lot of interest.