Hi, first post, Want to trade my BMW M Coupe for a GTS

B. R.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up Viper people. I hope to be Viper owner someday soon. I missed out on great deal on a 97 Red GTS recently, but I'm still hoping to find a good deal on a similar Blue(prefered color)GTS. In the meantime I'm trying to sell my cute & slow BMW M Coupe. It would be cool if someone wanted to make a trade & I can even throw in some cash :2tu: . It would also be ideal if my future GTS is the LA area. I've learned a lot by reading all the posts, so thanks for all the info, & I'll try not to ask too many stupid noob questions :D .

Anyways, here's a pic of my current ride.
You must be registered for see images

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
M coupe is a great handling balanced car. Does very well in tight course autocross. You will definitely enjoy the balls and reliability of the Viper. You will love the handling of the Viper, it does take more skill and has to be driven. You cannot go wrong with a Viper. Hope to see you out on the road with us grinning ear to ear. Driving with other vipers always gets shock and awe reaction from people around us.

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, I'll trade my '74 Stingray Roadster AND my 26' Cigarette for a nice GTS!

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It would be cool if someone wanted to make a trade & I can even throw in some cash"

I guess you would have to.

A minimum GTS would probably require your car and about $20k.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B.R. They only made the blue or steel grey in 2000. So that should narrow down your search.
I did the some thing last year, Saw a 2000 steel grey GTS (no strips) fell in love and spent the next 6 months saving and searching for that particular car. I sold a BMW 530i for it. The BMW was a great car, and I was worried about giving up that quality for a Dodge, but I have to say these Vipers are incredible machines. They run great, never have any major problems, their beautiful and they will kill anything else you’ll come across on the road. Not to mention the rock star status you’ll receive from all those who see the car.

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, to funny I sold an 98' M Roadster to get my GTS (Same color too)! Those cars are lots of fun.
It was actually good training for the viper, there's a lot of characteristics in terms of performance that are similar on a smaller scale
of course. I miss that little car sometimes. I won't go into much detail because my brethren would cut my toes off and feed them to
me if I did. Good luck to you!

~Matt~

OP
OP
B

B. R.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B.R. They only made the blue or steel grey in 2000. So that should narrow down your search.
I did the some thing last year, Saw a 2000 steel grey GTS (no strips) fell in love and spent the next 6 months saving and searching for that particular car. I sold a BMW 530i for it. The BMW was a great car, and I was worried about giving up that quality for a Dodge, but I have to say these Vipers are incredible machines. They run great, never have any major problems, their beautiful and they will kill anything else you’ll come across on the road. Not to mention the rock star status you’ll receive from all those who see the car.

I may not have been completely clear on some things. I am really looking for a 96-97, mainly based on my budget(yes,I know I will need to kick in close to $20k), so the blue I'm looking for will be with white stripes no doubt. Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far. I think this time of year is not the best to be trying to sell a car, even here in sunny Ca. :( .

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B.R.

96-97 GTS's Blue/white stripe go anywhere from low 50's to mid 60's. So you may want to expand your list because finding one that is not in poor shape for that price will not happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude