HID Group Buy.....

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had advertised about doing another group buy on the HID's and I got I guess hi-jacked on a previous thread with lower buys or whatever..

No big deal, I just want to make sure you guys get the best price out there. It was a little nerve racking being responsible for over $10,000.00 in cash, but I think everyone got what they wanted. A bit of a delay, but end results people got some cool HID's.

If the person who said they could do better than me, more power to you. Just make sure you support the people who buy them and follow up.

Learning from this experience, I would not suggest going over the 6oooK heat range, it can be a bit tough to see at night with the purple tinted lights.

If you can get the fog lights in HID form, you will like it. It sets off your car and also lights up everything.

Only bad thing I heard with the hids with fog lights is they burn out fast. I don't have the stock bulbs in the fog lights, I have the 9005 torches in my fog lights. Yes it's safe due to the fact that they run cooler than the 35 watt bulbs.

I had a bracket customed machined so the larger 9005's would fit in there instead of the small fog light bulbs.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
not quite sure...I just know some of the vendors I was dealing with didn't want to sell the fog light HID's because of all the trouble they had. That's why I decided not to take the chance and spend a bunch of money and be screwed. I just went with a bigger bulb (9005 from the low beam and used that for my fog light bulb).

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the ballast or the bulb go? The bulbs (true HID) do not have a filament and should not fail without a reason. I have had HID driving lights on two of my cars for the last 5 or six years and haven't had a problem yet.