******-mobiles???

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a Dodge is a "******-mobile", as he said, then his Corvette is a "Clinton-mobile". End of thread (I hope).

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Although DaimlerChrysler is a "merger" of DaimlerBenz and Chrysler, I can assure you that the Dakota R/T AND the Viper RT/10, GTS and SRT-10 were all designed and built by the Dodge part of the equation! It has only been in the past few years that DC's staff, and management have brought over their highly respected engineers into the mix.

It's ironic that a GM dealer would use "domestic vs import" as "ammunition" when so many of their products.... Saab, Vibe (Toyota), Tracker (Suzuki), malibu (toyota), are engineered/built by others.

Just remind him that he is welcome to visit our friends at Conner Avenue that BUILD OUR VIPERS, or our engineers in Detroit that design our Snakes, if he'd like.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is silly. If you drive a Ferrari, are you in a Mussolini-mobile? If you drive a Supra are you in a Hirohito-mobile? Germans are known to be the finest engineers in the world. I believe the first car was invented by a German. Tell him to quit associating all things German with a party that was only around about 15 years. Drive what you want. This is the REAL American way. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DakotaRT:
let me start out by stating i dont own , but i do own a r/t (proud owner of a 99 dakota rt). im arguing with this local chevy vette owner, he saying that vipers are not true AMERICAN cars, but infact foriegn. he says they were designed in italy? and the senoir designer is really german? at first it started as him saying dodge is unamerican, just b/c its owned by mercedes-chrysler, someone also stated that you and i drive ******-mobiles.... i figured no better place to get correct info then the owners themselves! thanks for taking time to read, any info is greatly apppreciated!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH BOY!I BET THE VETTE GUY ALSO WATCHES THE OSBORNES ON T.V. AND BELIEVES THESE PEOPLE ARE NORMAL!STOP THE MADNESS PLZ!
supergrin.gif
bounce.gif

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone has worked on German cars and worked on a Viper its pretty clear that the Germans had very little to do with the Vipers.

I mean the parts on the Viper are like standard parts. They make sense when you take them apart and put them together.

No German car I've ever worked on was like that.

Like 2 oil filters? Who ever heard of that?

LPE 383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Stones book Viper on page 36, he speaks of Lamborghini Engineering being used for the development of the V-10. He also adds that at the time Lambo was Chrysler owned. So it is true the engine pedigree has an Italian bloodline, but no German that I can find.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In regards to Lambos involvement with the V-10 I believe all they did was to look at how to cast it out of Aluminum and the cast iron sleeve issue. They didn't get it done and it was ultimately done by Team. This is on good authority from the people working at Team Viper at the time. It's about time that we put that myth to rest. The engine was not designed by outsiders.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bud:&gt;&gt;&gt;I believe the first car was invented by a German&lt;&lt;&lt;

You must be registered for see images

"Benz" Patent-Motorwagen / 1886

"Daimler" Motorwagen / 1886

"Porsches" Elektromobil (!) / 1897

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is funny, it shows how some people are....the fact that Daimler-Benz is in it means that the car will have better quality since it will involve German engineering. Also this mix will bring in F1 technology into their cars. Lamborghini did help in the developing of the Viper and so did Brembo to the obvious calipers.

So this Chevy guy must also be mad at America since the ENTIRE highway system is modeled after ******'s plans of the autobohn.....this guy should do his homework before he points fingers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96