HOLY CROW!! Vehicle in frame status!!

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After what seemed like ages in D1 status and with a full Vin #, I just checked Chrysler VOTS website and I am in frame status. I guess this is good news. Not getting hopes up too high with a delivery date considering I was in D1 status for 5 months. but at least there is progress.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, all that belly-aching paid off, LOL

That's pretty cool, this is the first custom "skittle" car that I've heard of that has begun construction.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you...but stay tuned belly-aching to continue at anytime until I take delivery.:)
See, all that belly-aching paid off, LOL

That's pretty cool, this is the first custom "skittle" car that I've heard of that has begun construction.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great news! I think there may have been a QC or parts issue in April cause my car sat for 4 weeks in Trim status....but now things seem to be under way...finally went to Final Inspection!!!

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, just checked in on mine today and I too am in frame :)

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh oh, don't tell me that! :omg:
That's great news! I think there may have been a QC or parts issue in April cause my car sat for 4 weeks in Trim status....but now things seem to be under way...finally went to Final Inspection!!!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man, that's awesome Brian. Yours is a LE, correct? I had been told that there was a parts shortage, and there were 41 built units just waiting for that single part (this was a while ago, maybe more had piled up by the time they got the parts). I'm a design engineer for a company that manufactures products about as complex as cars, and getting a new line on a new design up and running can be a hell of a challenge- especially with a limited budget. So I'm not that surprised about the previous delays. But once you get the wrinkles ironed out with the process and with the suppliers, assembly lines catch a stride and can efficiently pump out product. Let's hope Conner is in full-crank mode now.

Let the production of the Skittles begin!!!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, that's awesome Brian. Yours is a LE, correct? I had been told that there was a parts shortage, and there were 41 built units just waiting for that single part (this was a while ago, maybe more had piled up by the time they got the parts). I'm a design engineer for a company that manufactures products about as complex as cars, and getting a new line on a new design up and running can be a hell of a challenge- especially with a limited budget. So I'm not that surprised about the previous delays. But once you get the wrinkles ironed out with the process and with the suppliers, assembly lines catch a stride and can efficiently pump out product. Let's hope Conner is in full-crank mode now.

Let the production of the Skittles begin!!!

Yes, correct...a LE. By my estimation, it is gotta be in the tail end of the LE production....so you guys with custom colors should be coming down the line real soon!!!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brian, what # is yours, I see LE's in the 140ish range on Fleabay, Wonder if they built them in # sequence or not.

Hey! No, they didn't build them in sequence...I'm number #101. As we know, #144 has been delivered, cars in the #130's for sale too....interesting.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELL YES! Your post inspired me to check on mine again. It is also in FRAME status. Custom build #39 VIN (solid white SRT track pack)

Tony

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the cousin of the Viper today to hold me over. Hopefully now ill quit checking VOTS like a maniac 8-p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper