Hope everyone enjoyed the Autocross!

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cause I hate to admit it, but here was my morning:

Get up/shower/etc. to attend my second autocross. Get on the road at about 6:35am and am making good time. At least so I thought. Start seeing signs for the bypass around Peoria......

CRAP!!!! I'm headed to Pontiac!!!! No way I'll make it to Rockford on time now. Fortunately it's a nice day so I took back roads all the way back to the Quad Cities. Hopefully will catch up with everyone on Oct 11th (the fall cruise)!

Yeah, I'm an idiot...

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a great time. Robert got there and thought he had a blown head gasket. Turned out to be a heater line (thank goodness). We each got 11 runs and the sun was out all day. Very fast track - first time I've hit my rev limiter at an autocross.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That track was indeed fun. I love the speedway, I like it more and more as the day goes on and the grip gets better.

WC, come late next time, no biggie. You missed a great day. At least you made a little cruise out of it.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a great time. Robert got there and thought he had a blown head gasket. Turned out to be a heater line (thank goodness). We each got 11 runs and the sun was out all day. Very fast track - first time I've hit my rev limiter at an autocross.

It was a great day. Thanks Scott. I was really relieved that the car was ok and I could run.

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hello: guys,

I had a great time at Saturday's autocross!:) It was fun helping out with check-in and timing. Everyone was so friendly. You all did terrific! :2tu: See everyone at the next meeting.
:greatday:

Angela

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for being there Angela to help out. Next time you'll have to bring the Viper with you. Just because Adam doesn't want to autocross doesn't mean you can't :)

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He actually really wanted to come on Saturday, but had to work.:( If Alex and Mark ever set up the cones to make a big oval :omg:, I will possibly think about making a run on the track.:drive:
Until then, I will be on the sidelines helping and cheering you guys on! :clap:

Angela

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it. I stayed up late trying to finish some things but it was not ment to be. Next time!!!

Nice ET/time Alex! Very imnpressive!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only wish it was my car!! ;.)

I've been slow all year, I notice the car hasn't been turning in or gripping well. Getting it setup right has been a headache for people because I have 19" front wheels. Going to go back down to 18" so that I can have a standard setup. Drove Glenn and Gary's car and knocked 2 1/2 seconds off my time after just 2 runs.

Used Green 08 for sale if anyone is interested. ;.)

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heheh.. The green will always stay in my garage along with the GenI. I never see selling it.

But it's rumored, there might be an ACR in my future...

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heheh.. The green will always stay in my garage along with the GenI. I never see selling it.

But it's rumored, there might be an ACR in my future...

You would think if a person was proud of his green car then it would be in his avatar instead of a car that he sold:):dunno: Maybe he should hire a certain prof photog from the middle of the state, pay said photog huge sums of money and have him take some nice photographs of it.:D:D:D:2tu::rolaugh::lmao::headbang:

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had made the autocross, it sounds like everyone had a blast. Would have been nice to try out the new toy (thanks to our firend Jon Gasman @ Roanoke) for the first time. Oh and buy the way Kit really likes "HER" new car (she had put more miles on it than I have). But the south of France isn't too bad either. At least that is what Aaron said when he was leaving yesterday. Have fun at the last meeing tonight, I will be thinking about you all, See you all next season.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a ball at the meeting, big turnout. Good weather.

Steve, you need ot get the car out so we can see it. And by the way, we call you GoldMember because of the 007 car. But now we need to find a fitting name for that light blue little thing your driving... My wheels are turning.

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meeting was great! It was nice to see everyone. We sure did have a great year. See ya all at the holiday party!

Angela

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235