Hot Rod Magazine's "Power Tour" through Michigan

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sunday, June 3rd, the Hot Rod Magazine "Power Tour 2007" will be travelling through Michigan. There should be well over 1,000 vehicles in this parade of power including Jay Leno's new turbine powered car if finished in time and the Camaro concept car.

They are scheduled to travel in the afternoon on M-50 from Monroe to Cambridge Junction and then travel US-12 to Kalamazoo.

I'm supposed to be in Tecumseh in the afternoon for a birthday party and the tour will be going right through there. I plan to take a run down there this weekend and see if I can find a good place to sit and watch the parade. There's a small town named Britton in that area that might be a good spot also and not too crowded. I'm thinking to find a place where they're just coming out of a low speed limit area.

They'll be going right past Cabela's but I figure it will be too crowded:hug: around there and the speed limit is too high to get a good look at the vehicles.

Any interest?

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Power Tour will be coming from Cleveland Ohio to the Sterling State Park in Monroe for lunch. I have found a place on N. Dixie Highway that is right off of 75 that has a nice parking lot right on the edge of the road. It is the Raisin River Golf Club. The cars will be going by here in both directions. Since we could be seen from the road maybe we could end up in the magazine.

Any members of the golf club here?

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there any interest other than Michael? I'm willing to drive to Monroe and arrange parking if the interest is there.

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a pretty good weather forecast site Ron:rain:. I'll trade you for a wife forecaster if you happen to find one :deal:.

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The golf club said it was fine for us to park out by the road as long as there aren't 30 or 40 cars. The weather isn't looking too promising though :rain:. I'll be there about 11:00 providing I don't have to drive in real heavy rain to get there. I'll probably hop into the procession about 1:00/1:30 or so.

RAISIN RIVER GC
1500 N. Dixie Hwy.
Monroe, MI 48162
1-800-321-9564
(734)289-3700
On I-75 at N.Dixie Hwy (exit #15)
[email protected]

Here is a link to a map for any brave souls out there:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...te=MI&zipcode=48162-5205&country=US&geodiff=1

p.s. I will have a portable canopy with me. First (only?) come first serve for available cover. :popcorn: Come watch the parade!