How are the XM Radio Installls working out?

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that might be me that you were referring too. I installed the X-M antenna in the back hatch area when all the installers were doubting it would work. well 6 months later it still is working great!!
I have read what X-M is saying about the antenna placement and I went ahead and tired it thought Tinted glass and I have never had a problem, even when my car is parked in my garage!

remember guys you don't have to use the antenna that comes with your package whether it be Alpine, or any other brand I suggest looking at TERK antenna's as an option they have many different styles and one of our local guys put on directly behind his seat towards the top in his RT and it worked out great.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Article in today's Washington Post about how the new wireless technology being deployed may interfere with XM and Sierra's signals. Each group is trying to get the other to change their technology.

There is a suit against XM trying to prevent them from using their ground based repeaters; but a judge has said they can continue to use them until he makes a final ruling.

Makes you wonder if this can survive for the long term.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prashant:
I think that might be me that you were referring too. I installed the X-M antenna in the back hatch area when all the installers were doubting it would work. well 6 months later it still is working great!!
I have read what X-M is saying about the antenna placement and I went ahead and tired it thought Tinted glass and I have never had a problem, even when my car is parked in my garage!

remember guys you don't have to use the antenna that comes with your package whether it be Alpine, or any other brand I suggest looking at TERK antenna's as an option they have many different styles and one of our local guys put on directly behind his seat towards the top in his RT and it worked out great.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a PIC of your setup?

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as soon as I get my camera back from a buddy of mine that borrowed it a few weeks back I will post my set up along with how it was done on an RT/10.

X-M radio....I dont even listen to my CD's anymore. its like have Cable for the first time, remember that feeling?

heatandair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 GTS w/ tinted windows and put the antena between the front seats and the trunk. It works most of the time but i wish it got a little better reception. It cuts out when i drive under a one lane bridge and will not work in my garage. Other than that i love it.

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
THEY HID MY ANTENNAE BEHIND MY LICENSE PLATE - OUT OF SIGHT.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you post a picture of that?

Jason

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw Prashant's XM Satelite setup at the Texas Supra meet and it looked really good to me. He also has one of the nicest Vipers I have ever seen.

I have an Alpine XM Satelite in my Excursion and I love it.

Mine stays constantly tuned to the uncensored comedy channel (channel 150). Which is hilarious... and I higly recommend it!

Byron

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'VE INSTALLED XM SATTELITE RADIO IN MY GTS. IT WAS THE BEST THING I EVER COULD'VE DONE! I HAVEN'T HAD SO MUCH AS 1 PROBLEM WITH IT! NO INTERRUPTIONS, NO STATIC, NOTHING!!! IT TOTALLY TAKES THE PLACE OF CD'S! YOU GET A MILLION CHANNELS AND IT'S JUST AWESOME! I CAN'T RECCOMEND IT ENOUGH! THEY HID MY ANTENNAE BEHIND MY LICENSE PLATE - OUT OF SIGHT.
smile.gif

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alpine XM radio (head unit) cost is $399 (Cd, FM,AM, XM) and you have to buy the additional kit for the XM hook up (around $150) and you are ready to go. you can also do a set up where you keep your stock radio but you will miss out on some of the sound quality that direct hookup gives you. they have a one time connection fee ($15-$17) and then its around $12 a month which is well worth it.
again I recommend the TERK antenna,which I went and bought separately from BestBuy. the TERK's seem to work the best, I have never had my radio cut of at anytime. I asked my installer to to set up the RCA connections so if I want to put my stock unit back in its real easy to take the XM out and put in the factory radio. I think most of you will be surprised my how much your sound quality (With you factory speakers) will improve just from the head unit change and digital broadcast.

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a dealer for Sony's Plug & Play XM radio. The Sony unit is great and can be used in your car or home with the use of an additional docking station. Also, it is very easy to install, in fact if you have a cassette player in your current radio there really is nothing to install......

You can check it out on my website at http://[email protected]

Note* all Viper club members can take $10 of the prices listed and get free shipping
cool.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave