How many attended VOI7?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious as the Gaylord website says it has 1511 rooms. I could have sworn more than that attended Nashville. Its difficult to believe that we would have the enitre thing blocked off.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't remember you there. Did you go? We were not the only group using the hotel if you remember.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatley I missed out on that one, but according to ViperMag there were 1400 present at the banquet. Around 700 cars ultimately showed (Figure one room per car on average.) Assuming similar numbers does that mean we'll have the whole hotel this year or are there going to be people staying at the days inn?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers- I can not answer that question. But for your information there were people that attended VOI7 that did not stay at the Opryland Hotel. I know of a couple from Canada that stayed in another Motel because they had a small dog with them and the Opryland said no pets.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually assume 2 per car and 2 per room.

One of the requirements of a host hotel for a VOI is that ALL the attendees can stay there. At about 700-800 rooms, that eliminates a LOT of facilities right there.

There were folks that stayed at other properties last VOI - some were looking for a less expensive alternative, some had pet issues and some missed the deadline for reserving a room.

Had everyone stayed there - we would have had approximately one half of the hotel.

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that we will be staying at the OpryLand hotel in Dallas (it will be completed in April this year)

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn it was thr Gaylord Hotel this year?

Janni - I double checked the article I read and it was 1400 people. I mistakenly read it as 1400 rooms. I was curious that if 1512 rooms were taken what would DC do about it.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the pre-event presidents meeting, I seem to recall Dodge telling us there were 880 Vipers registered, with close to 1500 people expected.

Incidentally, one of the displays in one of the many lobbies at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville at VOI7 was a model of the soon-to-open Gaylord hotel/resort in Texas. Finding a good location is always a challenge, plus you need a hotel you can literally take over with 1500 people for 4 days. I remember musing to myself then, assuming they were pleased with Opryland, if Dodge would consider the new Texas Gaylord resort an appropriate venue for the next VOI?

The Opryland Hotel is the 8th largest hotel (based on rooms) in the US. Numbers 1-7 are in Las Vegas.