How much was your Race Deck (flooring)?

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,
I am in the final stage of building my garage for the snake (finally) and am starting to get quotes on Race Deck.
How much did you folks with Race deck pay per square foot?
Thanks in advance....

Cheers,

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Lethal...
I know what they are asking....I just wanted to know how much you guys actually paid...
The rep I talked to over there didnt even know what the Viper Club was, when I asked for the VCA discount :confused:

Cheers,

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is someone here that did he's garage recently and he used different product and it also looks nice. Checked it out. Not sure if cheaper than Racedeck though. Goodluck on your project.

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cost with the discount shipped was $2.67/sq ft for a two car space. Very east to work with and took less than 6 hr to install with all the cuts.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to do me floor also but thats a lot of money appx 600 Sq Ft, I also want some new wheels for the GTS , can not pick one or the other to do first.

:usa: :rolleyes: :usa:

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine from overstock.com awhile back for around $2.50/ft including shipping. Color choices were limited however to black & silver.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not epoxy paint the floor and put the difference into the car.You won't be sorry after some ricer or vette pulls up.Most garage foundations rise above the floor 4-6".Epoxy paint will give you enough to paint and seal that ugly exposed concrete also.
Its all good!

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the plastic panels work well with a 4 post lift?

Works great. You're not gonna hurt them with a lift (and if you somehow did it would be a simple matter to pop in a couple of new panels).

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can not put the 4 post lift on top of the floor, you have to cut out a square for the leg or leave a tile out.

4126DSC00355-med.JPG

4126DSC00536-med.JPG

Andy

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happens then when the floor expands? Do you need to leave large gaps around the posts?

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the bottom plate on the lift is only like 1/8 or 1/16 thick. It will lay on top of the plate if it expands that much. I can take a pic. later if you want to see it,

Andy

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can not put the 4 post lift on top of the floor, you have to cut out a square for the leg or leave a tile out.

That's interesting because mine has been sitting on top of the floor perfectly fine for three years, just as the RaceDeck people told me it would. Hasn't moved an inch that I can tell.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I did not even ask them about that. I guess that the plate being about 12" square, it spreads out the weight enough not to do any damage. Learned something new today.

I made my pattern where it worked out great, the post foot is 12", so it was the same size as the tile & the foot sits in a open tile square.

Andy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh