How should i spend my 5k???

dietpepsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i recently bought my first viper 04 convertable
the stock viper is not fast enough and i got 5k to spend for some extra power
can somebody tell my what i should buy and howmuch power can i gain with each upgrade
thnx in advance

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, tell us more about you plans with the car.
Where are you located. Update your profile(top left corner user cp)

Tires, headers, exhaust, sct tune. Your 5k is nearly gone

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 500 Hp is not enough and 5k is going to gain you about 50 more ponies. If you are looking for power you can most likey find a drag car that runs in the 10's for that kind of money.

depends on what you are trying to accomplish

Bruce

OP
OP
D

dietpepsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, tell us more about you plans with the car.
Where are you located. Update your profile(top left corner user cp)

Tires, headers, exhaust, sct tune. Your 5k is nearly gone

you guys are right i did forget to fill my profile and interduce myself
my name is Volkan i am a Turkish guy who used to live in London for 7 years in the past and now i live in Istanbul.i am 36 and run my own clothing company which makes ladies garments for many retail groups.
i m married and have 2 lovely baby girls
my only hobby is fast cars and i had almost all sorts of sport cars in the past including 1 murci 1 gallardo 1 f355 1 360 2 550 1 456 996 tt 993tt .more than 10 different corvettes from 1959 up to 2005 c6 but never had a viper in the past
so this time because i could not afford a f430 i decided to try something different and bought a 04 viper vert triple black.i had to pay 95k for is yes 95k for a 04 viper because in our country we are not as lucky as you we pay over 120percent tax for cars.:dunno:
at the moment i have a new cayenne diesel e55amg a corvette c4 with zo6 engine in it with 600hp a 1974 merc 450sl a 98 durango in my garage.
i think you kind of have some sort of ideas about me.
so lets come to my new toy.
500hp is and was never enough so i want some more power because most of my friends have modified cars and i have to have 550-600 to be able to coop with them otherwise weekends becomes upsetting sometimes when we race.
i ve read almost every post here last 1 week so with 5k i decided to buy k&n tbody corsa exhaust and a ecu tune.i dont want to spend an extra 5k for pexton because my friends here who tried s c in the past had lots of problems with their cars.most common problem was sc belt always cames off and cars had overheating problems.so i know if i buy a charger i need to spend more money to upgrade my brakes clutch coolers vs vs and i dont have that spare cash at the moment
so 5k is enough to hace a fast car without problems
:)

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Headers
Cat back exhaust
1.7 Rockers
SCT Tune

That should eat up the 5k and make a big difference.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DietPepsi:

I know this is not what you asked but you did say you had a vert, do you know you have no roll-over protection? If you are going to be out throwing it around you might want to think about adding a roll bar. You did mention you had two lovely kids that would like to have you around as they grow up. Those stock "Roll Hoops" on there are nothing more than tin cans.

Richard

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If ur fine with 600rwhp do a head and cam or Used roe blower and install urself. If over 600rwhp power then spend the funds on getting the engine built. All depends on future plans.

OP
OP
D

dietpepsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thnx for your ideas
i decided to buy headers ,corsa catback ,k&n ,3.55 and a ecu tuning
now please advise me which headers and catback i should get???
and where should i get them from
thnx guys

by the way yes i did have my murci about 7 years ago and yes i only can spend 5k for my viper
things changed for most of us since you know.
thank god i still can drive a viper and few more cars at the same time
many people do not have what they used to have 5-10 years ago
regards

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure you can do for $5k, but in addition to the 1.7 rr's, would do cam and possibly heads. Not sure would spend on rr's without at least cam. But, of course, heads would help. Maybe exhaust and gears would be good. I think your comment about 500hp not being enough, then without s/c, you would need to do cam, heads,rr's maybe t/b's and fuel. All in all, you may still feel its not enough!

Good luck

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't made my purchase yet, but through Todd at AC Performance I will be buying the following mods this summer for around $6,100.

American Racing Headers and High-Flow Cats: $2400

Gunmetal Shaft T&D Roller Rockers: $1550

Thermostat with Gasket: $70

New High-Temp Wires: $155

Aluminum Lightweight Flywheel: $470

Centerforce Clutch: $600

Hydrolic Slave Cylinder: $280

SCT Handheld Tuner with 3 different programmed tunes: $600

I'm hoping with the above mods I can achieve around 70rwhp, although I would be content with 60rwhp if that seems more realistic. I already have K&N FIPK(airbox, air filter, smooth tubes), 708 Cam, Corsa Cat-back exhaust and RT High-Flow Cats. So I hope after all of this I can hit around 500rwhp on the dyno, but most likely I'm assuming I'll be around 475rwhp at most.

Last edited:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corsa exhaust is great. Its one of the few options that are available that will not cause an annoying drone in the cabin of your car. JonB at Partsrack.com can hook you up with a Corsa catback.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
step 1 call roeracing

step 2 order their 710 camshaft $800

step 3 order their beehive springs $400

step 4 order their upper gasket engine kit $300

step 5 order their sct with a pre programmed tune for the 710 camshaft $500

step 6 have a good mechanic install parts load the tune and dyno $1600

step 7 enjoy an extra 90 HP as yoiu will go from the stock 440 rwhp to Gen4 power of 520 rwhp and have a great engine note

Use the left over $1400 still in you pocket to get the women in your life somthing nice and keep everyone happy!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
step 1 call roeracing

step 2 order their 710 camshaft $800

step 3 order their beehive springs $400

step 4 order their upper gasket engine kit $300

step 5 order their sct with a pre programmed tune for the 710 camshaft $500

step 6 have a good mechanic install parts load the tune and dyno $1600

step 7 enjoy an extra 90 HP as yoiu will go from the stock 440 rwhp to Gen4 power of 520 rwhp and have a great engine note

Use the left over $1400 still in you pocket to get the women in your life somthing nice and keep everyone happy!

Nice list of steps. The last one is all important... I like what you listed--I may save up myself and have Dave at Roanoke do the work.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i recently bought my first viper 04 convertable
the stock viper is not fast enough and i got 5k to spend for some extra power
can somebody tell my what i should buy and howmuch power can i gain with each upgrade thnx in advance

As stated, the BEST bang-for-buck in quickness upgrade is gears. If you can limit your top end to 160-170 mph so, do gears. That also slows down better.

And HEADERS / CATS / CATBACK. Sound goals, heat, and driving venues matter.
(*

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If your car is a 2004 then you may need to spend your money on tires, brakes, fluid changes and detail work. Safety first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets