How smooth is your Viper???

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the year, it's a very definite possibility that it's just a normal cam thing. I have a '97 GTS and by the way it idles you'd swear I was running an aftermarket cam. I had the car in for a flywheel install yesterday and made a point to ask the Viper Tech (a very good one) if everything was as it should be. He said "yes, definitely", and that based on all the cars he's driven there seems to be a noticeable difference between some of the production years.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is just like that too. Idle with my headers,cats and system sounds really lumpy and cammy -- excellent. But I know what you mean about it being a little unpleasant in slow traffic

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine did that once. A renter put in bad gas. The car would run fine but hold it in 2nd at 40 and you could watchethe tack go up and down 200-300 rpm. It was really weird. Put a bottle of octane boost and reset the computer, done.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You may have a throttle Sync. problem....is it a Gen I????...go to home page, click on "Illustrated Upgrades" under the "Technical" section...easy fix, smoother drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21