how to disconnect the alarm system's control of the fuel pump?

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how to disconnect the alarm system\'s control of the fuel pump?

I have been having problems with the Viper stalling intermittently. Took it to a Viper tech but they couldn't reproduce the problem. I am pretty sure it's the alarm system shutting off the fuel pump. Is there any way to disable the alarm system's control of the fuel pump relay? I would like to do this and see if I still get stalling. I think it's the alarm system because I have checked everything else and the the car (at times) will arm itself without me hitting the fob or the horn beeping. The last few times it stalled the horn started beeping. Any ideas?
TIA
Bruce

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: how to disconnect the alarm system\'s control of the fuel pump?

Are you SURE that your battery AND it's cables are OK ?

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd pull the EEM module connector to kill the power to it and then reattach and see what happens. I agree with Steve, sounds like a weak connection somewhere. To verify that it's not the alarm, just push the FOB disarm button when it stalls and if the parking lights flash, you've successfully disarmed. If the fuel pump is still off, you have another problem. Remember, you also have the key alarm override in your between seat glovebox. Twisting your key in that does the same thing,(disarm the alarm) only mechanically rather than with RF.

If you still suspect the alarm module (doubtful in my opinion at this point) exchange with a new alarm module or break out the wiring diagram and temorarily rewire the system as a troubleshoot.

Lastly, (or firstly really) perhaps the relay or pump is bad?

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BruceW,
I believe you can ground the disarm wire at the EEM and the RKE module and that will override the VTSS. I would have to look up the correct color wires on Monday to be sure. I don't know if we should publicize the wire colors for fear of theft. If you want them, e-mail me and I will send them to you. Hope that helps.
Joe

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PBJ,

First, I agree with your privacy concerns completely. Thanks....

Second, grounding the appropriate wire puts the EEM in the learn mode rather than reset. The key switch in the glove box gives the EEM the reset command that your looking for. Manually doing it within the wiring harness doesn't do anything more than what the keyswitch accomplishes.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron,
I had a 95 that was stuck in vehicle theft once and the RKE was inop...the car was in a flood and sat for 3 years to make matters worse. The only way I could get the VTSS to let fuel turn on was by grounding the disarm wire on the security module and the RKE module. I know that the later years only have a EEM, but it should do the same thing. I also suggested a few other things in a private E-mail...hopefully they will work. I do understand what you are saying , but I think there is a program sense wire also besides the arm and disarm wires.I could be wrong, god knows that has happened before....I just can't think of any other way to take VTSS out of the system and leave ASD on.
Later,
Joe

OP
OP
B

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the help everybody. I think I am going to put an on-off keyed switch across the momentary disarm switch (that way I can use the alarm when it's parked). If it doesn't stall with that turned on then I must have something wrong with the EEM.
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molgera