How wide will the SRT-10 be?

yuckydog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been searching all over and am getting dimensions anywhere from 74.8 to 84.8 inches. Does anybody know what the true number is?

I was looking at my 3rd garage entry and realized that it may be too small!!! I haven't measured it yet but based on my current vehicle, it may only be around 80" wide.
frown.gif

Thanks,
James

OP
OP
Y

yuckydog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEVERMIND! I'm such an ****at. My X5's specs were listed as the width being 73.7" and it was a bit of a squeeze to get in the garage but when I went out to measure the garage entry, it was 92". The side mirrors each add about 8" to each side of the SUV!

I'm good to go. Now if I can only find an SRT-10 for sale...at a reasonable price!

James

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the SRT-10 Press Kit it's 84.8 inches, 175.5 long and 47.6 high.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After looking at side-by-side photos of the RT/10 and the SRT, there is no way the new Viper is 84 inches wide. Not a chance.
shake.gif

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible they put down the total width including the mirrors in the presskit info sheet?

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with garolittle....In fact, in this photo, it looks like the SRT is less wide than the RT/10....

Gen2vsGen3.jpg

Also, yuckydog, do you have a cert and an order? If not, you will be waiting until 2004, unless you want to buy in the aftermarket, which will not be cheap....

OP
OP
Y

yuckydog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom Lover:
Also, yuckydog, do you have a cert and an order? If not, you will be waiting until 2004, unless you want to buy in the aftermarket, which will not be cheap....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, this will be my first Viper. I'm just hoping the SRT-10s don't sell and people won't be able to flip them for obscene premiums.
tongue.gif
I'll most likely wait for a 2004 though since yellow is one of my color picks.

James

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
James,

Your points are well taken. I think the SRT looks "best" (i.e., least unimpressive) in black and yellow. I can see waiting until '04 for yellow.

It will be interesting to see how much demand there really is for the SRT. Obviously there's some percentage of those with SRTs on order who have no intention other than to flip the car for a profit. We'll see if demand supports that. With MSRP at ~$83K, I have my doubts.

Out of curiosity, since this will be your first Viper, what draws you to the SRT vs. the current Gen II cars?

OP
OP
Y

yuckydog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom Lover:
Out of curiosity, since this will be your first Viper, what draws you to the SRT vs. the current Gen II cars?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I've been a fan of the Viper ever since Dodge announced they were going to build it back in '92. Since then, I've finished college, gotten married and had a kid so owning a Viper was still a dream. Now I am able to go ahead and finally get the car of my dreams!

Originally I was going to find an '01 or '02 RT-10 but ultimately decided on waiting because:
1. While the styling of the Gen I and II roadsters are great, I do not like the "speakers" on the hood and the rear end. I also missed the side pipes when they disappeared in '96.
2. 500/500/500 was too awesome to not consider!
3. The rear end (while many compare it to a Mercedes) looks great in my eyes and it's very difficult to find a car that has a nice butt.

Unfortunately, I will have to suffer through:
1. The angular side scoops that lose the flow of the car as well as make it look like a Vette.
2. The "angled" hood louvres. I liked the Gen II iteration much, much more.

Since it looks like I'll be waiting for the '04s, I guess it's time to finish the home theater so my family can enjoy it this winter.

James

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Measured an SRT-10 and a 2002 RT (side by side)last January in Detroit and found a differance between the 2 to be less than 1". SRT is wider but not the 9" stated on this discussion board. I think the published 9" is suppose to read 0.9". Honest mistake. I work with rulers/scales all day long and know how to use the smart end of the tape. The dimension was taken at the widest, low part of the car...the side sill.