Hurst Line Lock,Roll Conrol

Serpent 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just bought a Hurst line lock. It comes without fittings. I am trying to find all the proper fittings . I would like braided brake lines if available? Also I want to be able to keep my old brake lines in tact so I can always keep the car stock.
Any help would be really appreciated!
Serpent 1 :D

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an install DIY:

DIY: Line Lock Installation (PART 1 of 3) - .:SRTConnection:.
DIY: Line Lock Installation (PART 2 of 3) - .:SRTConnection:.
DIY: Line Lock Installation (PART 3 of 3) - .:SRTConnection:.

It's specifically for the SRT-10 truck, but almost all of the info transposes to the car, esp. the electrical sections.

Braided lines are nice, but you don't really dump much fluid when you install the line lock.
Then again, it's never a bad idea to put all new fluid in....and installing a line lock and braided lines would be a perfect chance to do that. :)

Just to make sure: are you talking about braided lines to/from the line lock.....or.....braided lines to/from the calipers themselves?

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, there's always the option to half-*** it.
Unfortunately, I don't work like that.

There is some prototyping in the first section; that can be skipped. The mount plate I designed is now in production (via JMB Performance).

The other reason for the length is that I added how to make the installation street legal by having the brake lights turn on when the unit is engaged. 99.9% of line lock installs don't cover how to do that. Mine does.

The detail is pretty necessary. Brakes are no joke.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan's install and write up is excellent. No need to repeat the wiring instructions. But this might give you an idea how to mount the hardware in a Gen3/4 Viper. Here's how I installed mine.

You'll need two of these fittings (not for Gen1/2) and I think this is the only company that sells/makes them. You'll also need to buy one pre-fab brake line or have one made:

You must be registered for see images attach

I installed the line lock on the fuse box bracket:

Pull the master cylinder and route the factory line to the outlet port on the line lock. You can bend it by hand and bend it back into place if you ever remove it:

Bend and install the pre-fab brake line from the master cylinder to the "M" port on the line lock. Wire it up and go:

Last edited:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperless, can you show a picture of where you mounted the switch for the LL?

I used a toggle switch but I'm going to be replacing it with a momentary switch when I find one I like. DON'T use a toggle switch!

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith- any particular reason you didn't like the toggle switch?

It's cumbersome to operate and doesn't strike me as very safe. I may leave it as a master switch and install some type of a momentary switch closer to the shifter or steering wheel.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand, Keith.
On the truck, I have the toggle (with red LED in switch tip to show "ON") on the dash, about halfway between the shift handle and the steering wheel. In that vehicle, it's in the perfect position.
I like the toggle because it's "physically" on, and I have the red light to tell me it's on as well. The safety cover is a MUST for any line lock system.
If folks are looking for colored safety covers for toggles, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

If I read it correctly, you're looking to do a "PUSH ON-PUSH OFF" momentary switch, correct?
It'll probably require a relay, but it's not a bad way to do it.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand, Keith.
On the truck, I have the toggle (with red LED in switch tip to show "ON") on the dash, about halfway between the shift handle and the steering wheel. In that vehicle, it's in the perfect position.
I like the toggle because it's "physically" on, and I have the red light to tell me it's on as well. The safety cover is a MUST for any line lock system.
If folks are looking for colored safety covers for toggles, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

If I read it correctly, you're looking to do a "PUSH ON-PUSH OFF" momentary switch, correct?
It'll probably require a relay, but it's not a bad way to do it.

No, push on, release off. Push-to-make. Like the switch that is supplied with the line lock. The idea being, that if you take your hand off the switch the line lock releases.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh. Okay.
Personally, I'd rather have my hands free to do other stuff (steer, shift, wave, etc.)
Your call.

BTW- the switch that comes with the Hurst kits is a POS. I wouldn't trust that as far as I could throw Rosie O'Donnell.
I'm pretty sure they're left-over switches from the Apollo program. :)

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can do braided lines to/from the line lock.
Just triple-check for any pinching or binding after installing.

I wish I could recommend the place here in OH that did the braided red lines for my truck, but their shipping was a joke and their customer service was an atrocity.

TIP: Check with some custom motorcycle shops in your area.
They tend to do shorter-run lines and usually have stock on stuff like braided lines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper