I am sincerely determined to acquire one of these competition coupes.....

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be patient (yea right) and news will be out soon enough. There is still some work to be done. Lets bask in the glow that they are building them before we worry about getting them.

Rick, the fact that you want to track it probably bodes well for you to eventually get one.

Here is to hoping that all those with any level of racing aspirations get the opportunity to own and race this wonderful machine
embarass.gif

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick,

For what it's worth:

I went to the DC display on Sunday at Laguna Secca and talked to the 2 DC guys on site.

1/ car should be available in 6 to 8 months

2/ Car will be sold directly by Dodge, (guess that mean not through dealers)

3/ All cars are ALREADY SOLD.

All that doesn't mean too much since when i was asking them questions about Vipers in general,it was pretty obvious that I knew more about Vipers than they did.

My take on it is that for someone Club Racing like you or me, the chance on getting one is pretty much on par with winning the Big Lottery.

Obviously DC is building this car, not to make money but for PR and brand name recognition, to sell their "regular" cars and trucks.

So, do you thing that CD would want those very limited # of cars be in the hands of well known Racers/Race Teams or in your or mine hands?

The only realistic way, in my opinion to get 1, will be to buy it"second hand" from one of those race teams after 1 race season.

Luc.

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got confirmed word that not ONE of the first 25 have been sold (they do have a few deposits, that were taken at Monterey from actual VCA members). Therefore, all those interested should stay close to this site, since I am certain that when word comes down on the distribution, that we will cover it right here.

Again, don't put the horse before the buggy. Everyone will be informed as to when and how all the distribution will be handled.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to also consider Autoform's Club Racer. I'm not sure what it's future is now that DC has a factory version. But it should be much easier to obtain.

They have 2 options, a complete race car on a tube chasis, or you can get a wrecked Viper and they will build it up from there.

Contact them at:

257 East 32nd Street
Holland, MI 49423
Phone:616-392-4909
Fax:616-392-3323

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Steve hit it on the head with his "first twenty five" comment. I wouldn't be surprised to see this car bring in people who otherwise wouldn't get involved with Viper. It has pedigree, authority an is an absolute bargain at the price. A run of 25 may not satisfy the market demand. I know it's got me rethinking my finances for the next couple of seasons.

You are not alone Rick. Those of us happy with our street rides need a separate track ride. A street car is an expensive platform to convert and ends up heavier than a track dedicated car. Again kudos to Dodge and all those that encouraged this bold step.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21