I am so pissed and I need help/advice

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live on a cul de sac, near the end. They recently closed off my street for a slurry seal. Well they did a terrible job, holes, lottsa left over gravel, etc etc. They came back and tried to patch things up but its still pretty bad, gravel and sticky stuff everywhere. Now I have this all over my side sills, especially on the front end near the tire, AND I think its taking the paint off when I wipe it. Is someone liable for for this? Should I contact someone about having my sills cleaned and detailed, maybe even painted??? Who do I contact? Am I over reacting?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Public road?

Contact the "RISK MANAGEMENT" office of your county seat.

Tell em you expect a claim form, and reimbursement for auto detail(s)and a correct repair of the street

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen....OK....sit down...take a deep breath.....exhale.....ahhhhh. There. Now, take a little WD-40 on a soft cloth or rag and GENTLY wipe the side sill where the fresh slurry is. Did it come off??? If it does, just go over it afterwards with car wash and some Z-2. If it doesn't come off or if it's "taking the paint off" as you say, that's different. Then you need to call the Street Dept. of your city and talk to them. Usually, there's a foreman who will be in charge of that operation. OK?
pete the ex glass guy and hot rodder

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As always JonB is right, you can expect reimbursment if you can prove damage.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in a rural area and the county does the same thing. They did my road, 1 mile that I must drive, about a month ago. My car is black, so it probably isn't as obvious when the tar and stones stick to the car. Still, it's a pain to hear all the little stones hitting, who knows what, when I drive over it. The little stones with spots of sticky tar get up in the engine compartment and stick to the top of the wheel wells. Good luck, I don't think you will get very far trying to get anything from the local government.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth