i hate to say it

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have raced and owned every gen of Viper since 1994.Facts are facts for 70 grand you have to respect the technology and performance of the Z06.(I have no hands on experience with the NISSAN so i not qualifted to even have an opinion)The Z06 has parts in it (Alum frame ,dry sump oiling ,titanium rods, forged pistons that Srt would love to put in the new Vipers but cant (too expensive )to bash it just because you dont own one or like something else better does not float in my book.You should also realize alot of people on this forum owned Vetts(myself included) before there ever was a Viper and still own Vetts along with their Vipers.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly is the point of this tread? Oh wow a vette beat a viper! Not much diffrent than the civic beats lamborghini video i saw on youtube. Some people, (called car enthusiasts) can actually see why a lamborghini is better than a hopped up civic, despite being slower; likewise car enthusiasts, should be able to very easily see why it really doesnt matter if the viper is slower. The corvette is a compelte embaresment to the sports car industry. Never bring a vette to a meet with real cars like Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Vipers becaue nobody wants to waste their time looking at it, must explain why a Z06 was remvoed from a Lambo/Ferrari meet i went to, keep in mind the viper was allowed in
When the current gen of the Z06 came out in 06 My buddy ran out and bought one .This guy has 10 or so exotic cars including a 360 Ferrari STADIALE ,355 Ferrari,(with a scutera on the way ) .The first thing he did with the vette was take it to Central Jersey Ferrari -Edison NJ so that the staff and local Ferrari club could check it out.Everybody up there was amazed at the cars capabilitys and features esp considering the price.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aM i THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS IT AMAZING THAT HE TRAPPED CLOSE TO 125 MPH IN A STOCK Gen3 VIPER???????My hats off to you for great driving...and the 11.7 vs 12.0 seems right on the money as well..

to me a 12.0 at 121 plus mph is still impressive for bone stock

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well i hate to say it but i just ran a 11.71 @ 126.2 in my 08 zo6 and a 12.01 @ 124.91 in my 06 viper coupe. so far the z06 is by far faster. same track conditions same driver. the z06 is all around a better car but the looks go to the viper for sure. dont hate on me because i am talking down on the viper on a viper web site, but i am stating facts. i did buy the viper first and that is what i drive everyday. both cars are stock except i have put 19 20 wheels on the vette which maybe is why it has a faster mph.
I agree, the vette is an all around better car than the Viper. Oh wait, except for the fact the vette is a piece of crap. Oh wait, except for the fact they are a dime a dozen. Oh wait, except for the fact that they lose 20K value the second you drive one off the lot. Oh wait, except for the fact that you could drive both 10 times and get 10 different results, back and forth. Oh wait, except for the fact...geez nevermind. I could go on and on. Anyway, the vette is a better car. (And Elvis is still alive)