I NEED TIRES...What do you think?

Discussion in 'Tire , Wheel, Brake and Suspension' started by Roysviper, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Roysviper

Roysviper Viper Owner

We took our ACR to the "Tail of the Dragon" and getting about time for some new tires. I am thinking I can continue to run the Sport cups on the rear and put some 09 Viper tires with tread on the front... Will it handle OK for street driving/ drag strip sometimes? Will it be OK to mix? What tires should I buy? Please tell me what you think! I have 3200 mi on these tires and about 40% rubber left. KUHMOS rear, Original Sport Cups on front? HELP!! :dunno: :dunno: :omg: :rolleyes: :drive:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse VCA Member - West

Personally I would not mix them just replace with the cups if you are happy with them now. The mileage you get is the trade off for the stick that's the only way to look at tires.

3. uvbnbit

uvbnbit Viper Owner

Roy,
    Any reason why this is in the "posting policies" thread?
    I think it all depends on your driving intentions. If you're planning on doing most of your driving on the street and occasional track/strip use, there's a multitude of choices/opinions about what to put on. Preference and price will be a factor. Hope this helps.
    Chip

4. Roysviper

Roysviper Viper Owner

Chip, I realize NOW I screwed up and put this in the wrong place. I apologize to the VCA for my stupidity. We really did enjoy our trip with the club last weekend. :dunno: :crazy2: :(

5. uvbnbit

uvbnbit Viper Owner

If you still need advise on tires, give ol' JonB a call at PartsRack. That's where I got my set a month ago. Price and Service!
    Chip

6. Roysviper

Roysviper Viper Owner

Thanks, I will call him....

7. Venomiss

Venomiss Guest

We'll be looking for Maurices pictures and write up in the upcoming magazines.;)

8. jdeft1

jdeft1 Viper Owner

Roy, you should have heard the guys up at the Deal's Gap Resort going on about your car!!! I had to keep telling everyone I don't know you!! LOL

- J

9. uvbnbit

uvbnbit Viper Owner

Pic link is in our "Dragon" thread now. Thanks

10. Luke@tirerack

[email protected] Enthusiast

it is a bad idea to mix and match tires on any car and the higher performance the car is the worse an idea it is

11. Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse VCA Member - West

Luke has been giving great advice and selling tires to Viper owners for as long as I can remember. He is at extension #362 and he has treated me, Mark , and Woodhouse right with wonderful advice and care forever. :2tu:

12. Fast Viper Dan

Fast Viper Dan Enthusiast

I needed tires for my 99 GTS. I had John Archer mount PS2's. First drive was around the track at speed and with no doubt these tires are far better than the old Sport Cup's.
    These are street tire's. Kumo's, I would think are more of a track tire.

Do not mix your tires types!:nono:

13. RTTTTed

RTTTTed Viper Owner

Buy some extra wheels (even used ones) and mount a set of PS2s. They're so good ZR1s even switched! Check out all the tire threads in search. watch my YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. drifting VOI X video (under RTTTTed) to see and hear the PS2s amazing performance in serious wet conditions. Bought them from JonB

Ted