I was offered 50k for my viper

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont even have the car up for sale and somebody offered me 50k for it. It only has 12,000 miles on it and is garage kept.Is this a fair price? I dont think I will sell anyway unless I found a good deal on a gt2 (always wanted one of those). Dont really want to be viperless for too long.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an excellent PRICE, if I were you, I'd sell it in a heartbeat... That's if you want to sell.....

Good Luck

Gerald

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats actually pretty low.. the blue with white stripe combo 96/97 gts hold a premium for some reason.. i know of a car that is a 97 and has 7k and the owner is firm at 54k.. every other car i have seen from those years were priced very high...

if you were on the west coast and were going to sell that car for 50k i know someone who would take it off your hands in 5 seconds flat!!

- eddie -

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SurfSnake:
I dont even have the car up for sale and somebody offered me 50k for it. It only has 12,000 miles on it and is garage kept.Is this a fair price? I dont think I will sell anyway unless I found a good deal on a gt2 (always wanted one of those). Dont really want to be viperless for too long.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can get $50k for your car with no warantee that is a good sale for you. I just bought a 97 gts with 6000 miles on it for 52,000.00 with extended warantee until end 2005. Even that was high but the car was in perfect showroom shape.

A car with your milage in perfect conditon, the blue book private seller value is $44,845 from kbb.com

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a 96 Porsche TT with about 22000 miles on it for about 65K.

Considering they were going for close to 100K about 3 years ago, the market can drop pretty quickly and unexpectedly.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the market to buy a car just like yours. I can tell you with 100% assurance and honest that that is a good price. Here is how the formula works for these Vipers... (all based on milage)...

40K miles or more... 38K

30K miles... about 42K

20K miles... about 45K

10K miles... about 48K

under 10K... about 51K

Those are selling prices, in other words what the car will sell for - not the bargain price. 50K is pretty good.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** , I must of got a bad deal because I paid $54.5k for mine which is a 97 Blue/White GTS with 6,600 miles on it, then I had to pay $1,400 for shipping from CA to MD. It does have an extended warranty, smooth tubes, headers & exhaust but **** , it seems like I got a bad deal compared to some of you. I guess the price of these things vary, as there was one in MD with $5,400 miles on it and they wanted $60k and I could only talk him down to $57.5k so I walked.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:

the blue with white stripe combo 96/97 gts hold a premium for some reason..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, because that is the best Viper color ever!
yesnod.gif

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my '96 GTS for a month now, and when I was in the market to buy one, It was really tough to find any under $50k. As far as a 40K mile GTS @$38k, I'd love to see that. I've never seen one under $45k. Anyhow, They all seem to be hanging right around the magic 50 mark. I would guess that these GTS's will comand a premium in years to come, and Blue and White's seem to be the Hottest color combo for some reason..........And not just 'cause I have one
supergrin.gif

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
patgilm, you did not get a bad deal. I have notice that when Vipers have around 5K miles they do go for about 53-55K. I would just never pay that much for a Viper with low miles. I would rather have one that was at least driven once in a while.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth