If You Had to Dump Your Viper...What Car Would You Get?

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After some careful consideration I'd like to add a few more vehicles to my list:

BMW M5
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
A little off point since it is not an every day driver but I could drive it most days.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would get a 1970 Cuda or a 1970-73 Pontiac Trans-Am that was totally modernrized.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I sold my Gen II... I would get a Gen IV ACR or a Gen V (base w/ track pack). Don't think I could ever sell the GTS though.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sybil, I have a B5 blue '72 'cuda with a 340/4 speed that I've had since 1988. My father has a lemon twist yellow AAR 'cuda and a Winchester gray '71 340 convertible, and my brother has a '72 Challenger. I picked up an EFI 360 for dirt cheap because the guy was putting in a Hemi. I've been in the military for 22 years, so I don't get a chance to get home (my 'cuda is at my father's shop) much to work on it. It's in bare metal right now and ready for the body work. I don't plan on going too crazy with it (because I've got the Viper for going fast), and just want to modernize it for drives on nice days.

The Trans Am would be easier to find and parts would be cheaper, but the 'cuda is more rare and I think it looks much better; you have very good taste.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
R8 definitely. Only reasonable answer to your question for me... It's still "exotic" which was a qualification in your question, and I can get it with a 6 speed which is my requirement....
And after having my S4 for six months I am an Audi believer.

... Although if I had a Grand Cherokee srt8 custom fitted with a 6 speed that would make it a little "exotic" right?:D

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is actually an interesting question, pity it turned into "my dream car"
I think the point of the thread is, if you had to get rid of your Viper for $$ reasons / practicality, what would you get?

I would probably get one of the new Volvo C70 convertibles

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polar opposites. I've seen these two cars debated on the Lotus forum a lot... Its interesting what they think of the Viper :)

Ironic, I just sold my 2008 Lotus Exige S240 and bought a Gen IV a month ago. I started a thread over there (lotustalk) to get opinions on my decison... You may have even read my thread!

Anyways, if I had to ditch the Viper, I would probably go for a 996 Porsche Turbo. I love the way those cars drive and sound with some mods.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ironic, I just sold my 2008 Lotus Exige S240 and bought a Gen IV a month ago. I started a thread over there (lotustalk) to get opinions on my decison... You may have even read my thread!

Anyways, if I had to ditch the Viper, I would probably go for a 996 Porsche Turbo. I love the way those cars drive and sound with some mods.

Haha, I actually posted in that thread it turns out! Small world.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the point of the thread is, if you had to get rid of your Viper for $$ reasons / practicality, what would you get?

You are spot on. I traded for a SRT-8 Challenger, but if I had the pick of any dream car it would not be a 2012 Challenger SRT-8. I traded for something that had a back seat, I can afford, is still pretty cool, and also afford to modify. Dream car... too many to name just one. I do love that exoctic looking Audi...

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would still get the falcon...I met Jeff Lemke when I was at sema and his car killed most all cars in looks even the viper.
He was a great guy to talk to. Its just badass.
I love my viper but I actually drive a 70 challenger as a daily driver.
You must be registered for see images

crappy cell phone pic.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think that's what some have got this thread confused with, cause some have mentioned several cars that are thousands of $$$ more than what their Viper is worth! The question is NOT what your DREAM car is, but WHAT CAR you would get if you HAD to DUMP YOUR VIPER (it wouldn't be a car that is thousands of $$$ more)!

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure the thread took a turn towards other exotics but that started right off the bat when the OP mentioned a 2012 Ferrari and a Prowler to replace his Viper. Not sure sure either one of those fall into the practical or less expensive category.

We are all car guys...and girls, so Dream car threads always get our attention.

For a less expensive, practical and still great looking car, the Challenger sure fits the bill. Also the 300 is a great driver in my opinion.

As for dream cars....I still have the R8 5.2 on top of the list.

Matt

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would still get the falcon...I met Jeff Lemke when I was at sema and his car killed most all cars in looks even the viper.
He was a great guy to talk to. Its just badass.
I love my viper but I actually drive a 70 challenger as a daily driver.

crappy cell phone pic.

Great Meeting you in Vegas and I'm glad you like the car. It's fun for me to watch people walk up to it for the first time and count how many "wow"'s I get per person. I'm very happy the car is so well received by everyone. Here's a few pics from Vegas that are sharper:

Last edited:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow nice shots and the car actually looks better in person!
I was so busy talking to you I didnt get any more but I also forgot my camera.
Did the guy after I left talk to you about getting one? I thought I heard your wife tell
him the price and he said to his buddy write him a check? I think he was a German guy?
And that color is beautiful! :usa::2tu:

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the guy from Germany wants one big time. We're trying to figure out the German requirements to see if its feasible.