IL VCA: LOCAL PERFORMANCE SHOP THAT CAN DO INSTALL?

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IL VCA members:

Do you know of any performance shops that could install my mod.s near Schaumburg, IL?

I know some people say to just install mod.s yourself, but I really dont have the time or the patience.

(Ken Diemer was nice enough to write me <thanks Ken> and say, "If you need someone to install the upgrades you talked about, call Eric at Autoform in Holland, MI (616)396-4434. They do a lot of stuff with the Illinois Viper Club." But I would prefer a closer install shop.) Suggestions???

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Around the Chicago area I've had work done at two places. Bill Sampognaro (Ill VCA race director),and his brother Rick, have a facility in Flossmoor Il. It's located on Flossmoor road, between Western ave and Governors Hwy. (708-481-9560) They will be giving a Viper maintenance seminar for the Illinois Club on Oct 27th at that location. I've also been satisfied by the work SVS has done on my car. They are located in West Chicago on St Charles road. Talk to Ron Misjak Sr (630-876-1335) www.supervipersystems.com
Hope this helps.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of mods are you talking about? Ron Adee is an Il VCA member, who, in addition to being one hell of a driver,( 2nd in the recent One Lap of America,) owns a machine shop and does just about any work that can be done on a Viper. He's precise, straightforeward, and does not charge you an arm and a leg like some Viper tuners would like to charge you. His # is 847-551-1882. The Sampognaros in Homewood-Floosmoor are also very good, but Ron Adee is straight west of you in Gilberts, Il. Paolo

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, I'm IN Schaumburg! I'll do the work in my garage - for free even! What do you want done??

Just kidding - I'd probably void your warranty!
You must be registered for see images

Don't tell me I'm going to have to share this town with ANOTHER Viper!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,feeling like 11's lately,mail me with your wk.# I'm getting a few guy together for a drag night @"DA GROVE"John B.at the parts rack says the air box trick we can do could be 5hp.A move in the right direction for -0-$.
Hey YellowSnake,Try "CARLS AUTOMOTIVE"in glenview.A family business where Carl works himself,loves Vipers, his mechanics have fast race cars and you'll get what you pay for guaranteed.He fixed the blown head gasket on norm schmid's 94 and the car rocks hard.He lowered my car 1" , looks and runs awesome,maybe you saw it at Rt.66 drag day kicking [email protected]s,if you need wheelie bars just stop down the street @ my welding fab.shop

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,feeling like 11's lately,mail me with your wk.# I'm getting a few guy together for a drag night @"DA GROVE"John B.at the parts rack says the air box trick we can do could be 5hp.A move in the right direction for -0-$.
Hey YellowSnake,Try "CARLS AUTOMOTIVE"in glenview.A family business where Carl works himself,loves Vipers, his mechanics have fast race cars and you'll get what you pay for guaranteed.He fixed the blown head gasket on norm schmid's 94 and the car rocks hard.He lowered my car 1" , looks and runs awesome,maybe you saw it at Rt.66 drag day kicking [email protected]s,if you need wheelie bars just stop down the street @ my welding fab.shop

OP
OP
Y

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Shapiro, Paolo Castellano, Chuck 97 GTS, TooFast:

Thanks for the replys! This is useful information. Once my delivery date gets closer (hopefully late July) I will start contacting these places and see what they would charge to install my (soon to be purchased) mod.s.

Paolo Castellano & Chuck 97 GTS:
You both asked what I was installing. Well here is my list...
1.) (the larger) Borla headers,
2.) 3" catalytic converters (Sean Roe of Roe Racing said I need this with headers so the car runs properly)
3.) (the loudest) Borla exhaust,
4.) (best kind) smooth tubes,
5.) K&N air filters (or the best kind),
6.) HID xenon headlight viper kit
That's all (for now.)

Chuck 97 GTS: I actually live in Chicago right now, but am moving to Elk Grove in July. I said Schaumburg because it is a more well known town due to Woodfield. So you wont have to share Schaumburg with me
but you will definately see me cruising in the area
Streets of woodfield should be fun this summer if I get the car soon. And I can eat at Maggiano's after. Um Um.

Thanks all!

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Heck, I'm IN Schaumburg! I'll do the work in my garage - for free even! What do you want done??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuck: if you need a project, you can Zaino my car.

With as big as the monthly meetings are getting, maybe we need a separate NW 'burbs get together each month???

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dblankenbaker:
Chuck: if you need a project, you can Zaino my car.

With as big as the monthly meetings are getting, maybe we need a separate NW 'burbs get together each month???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I'll be right over... NOT!

You're right the meetings are getting HUGE. But if we have a NW burbs get together then Tom wouldn't go.

OP
OP
Y

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ToooFST:

When are you "getting a few guy together for a drag night @"DA GROVE?" If time permits, I may watch.

OP
OP
Y

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to Dan Cragin from Claude Short Dodge in Santa Monica, Ca. I told him that I wanted to use mod.s to increase my 1/4-mile time using stock tires. I asked specifically for a recommendation of parts. He said a great setup would be...

Headers:
CDI headers from Glen @ 760.598.6565

Exhaust:
from TNT Motorsports in TX

Cat:
3" inlet and outlet hi-flow cat's made by CatGo

I asked about the O2 sensitivity issue and he said that if, before the install, I went to my dealership and had my engine reprogrammed that it would be OK. He said to specifically tell them about the SERVICE BULLITIN: 18-011-01, which calls for the tech to reprogram the engine.

Because Paolo Castellano tells me that Dan Cragin has tested numerous headers on the same Viper, it sounds like a good setup.

Thanks everyone again for all the comments! Can’t wait for delivery.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey now mellow Yellow,Fact,more HP faster 1/4.Why kick it up a notch when you don't even have the car.Race the car at the track a few times,adding upgrades and learning to drive the car in 60ft.You'll be lucky to hit 12.50 your 1st time out.Did U see the Rt.66 event.Guys with over 450rwhp couldn't beat my [email protected]'ve got 385rwhp
Actually correct for K&N's and Tubes.I thought with the snake oyl rear sub I would catch the ACR @391rwhp.
I lowered the car 1" ,that I suggest highly,Looks like it should.I tried it myself at my shop and raced the next day at Rt.66,I think I lost a .10 from massive wheel hop ,I just couldn't stop.So live and learn,I bought the Ibex springs from John B,and they look good,they'll be on today and want to track test next week.Maybe next friday night,or saturday.I've got several viper brothers going ,I'll post next week,we'll all hammer down,Maybe catch a ride