IL VCA Spring Cruise! May 8th

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spring Cruise - May 8th!! Requires Advanced Registration

Finally getting into the swing of things. It's my pleasure to announce the spring cruise for this year. We talked about it at our recent club meeting. Nancy and Larry Friend have assembled a great cruise for May and we're heading out to a place we enjoyed in the very distant past. We're heading north to Wisconsin as we visit the Taliesin estate! Yes, the home of Frank Lloyd Wright!

We have a great cruise route planned, nice lunch, multiple tours, and an optional dinner. Bring your cameras!

FYI - this cruise is not for kids under 12.

The cost of the cruise is $55. This is a big discount as the club is subsidizing this cruise to make it affordable, on top of the volume discounts we've earned - this place isn't cheap! The cost of the cruise does include lunch, busses, and the tours. Dinner is optional (though we encourage everyone to attend), we'll each be paying our own checks there.

Here is the detailed write-up on the cruise: http://www.illinoisvipers.com/documents/2010/Spring Cruise 2010.pdf

You can also visit the website at: Home Page - Viper Club of America - Illinois Region.

Please get your forms in by April 26th (no last minute registrations, we need to know exact numbers by the 26th please).

We're going to have a good time, we'll be putting some good miles on the cars. If you've never been at Taliesin, you're going to love it. If you have been there, I'm sure you're coming again. See you there.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mailed in my check last week. I am so excited to participate in my first ever VCA Event with the Illinois Region! WOOOOT - WOOOOO!

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to have you. You're definitely among friends, expect a good time. It's more driving than we usually do, but the final destination is worth the trip.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wisconsin Rocks.

I'll be heading back to the Milwaukee Area after dinner the night of the cruise...if anyone is interested in tagging along.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
~45 that will make the tour. There are few more who are going to head back after lunch. I think they said approx 25 cars.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it rains tomorrow like it is today will people still be driving vipers? I'd prefer not to, but would still like to hit the tours, lunch, meet some folks etc. Anyone driving their daily driver? I'm strongly considering that option.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it rains tomorrow like it is today will people still be driving vipers? I'd prefer not to, but would still like to hit the tours, lunch, meet some folks etc. Anyone driving their daily driver? I'm strongly considering that option.

Your car is not made of sugar, it will not melt:D.

You talk about a little rain.... You should have seen what us WI folks had to go through Friday nite to get to Pontiac, IL for the women's driving event. There was some rain!!!!

Took over two hours to wash the brown off of the car after we got back.

Steve A.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

Majority still drive their vipers.

G

Gotvenom 08

Agree with Steve.Rain or shine drive the viper.So it may take a bit longer to clean when it's all over.But when you see every one else driving their viper,and you are in line with out.I think you may regret it.

It's only a car.Gets dirty,clean.Repeat process over the yrs.:2tu:

See you tomorrow.

Timbo

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are a couple of pictures of the cruise in Wisconsin. This was our first cruise with the Illinois Viper Club and it was great. We met a lot of great people and had a lot of fun driving the country roads. It was great seeing the expression on the people's faces as the group of Vipers drove by them.

Nancy did a great job of picking the route, the country roads she picked were just a blast to drive.

I was very glad that I installed my clear bra on the front of the car as well as the rocker panels before we went. As you know your own car is the last one to get completed. There was still some loose gravel on the roads from the winter, farmers and one pick-up truck with a trailer.

I talked with a few of the people during the cruise and they said that it was one of the best cruises so far.

We were very nervous about taking the car out in the rain and cold weather but as long as you didn't push the car past its limits it was fine.

We cannot wait until the next cruise.

Thank you Nancy and everyone that helped to put on a great cruise.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1964.jpg
    IMG_1964.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 29

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome cruise indeed, loved every bit of it. Nice meeting you again, Mike. Thanks for the pics. Check out Alex's write-up on IL site.

G

Gotvenom 08

These are a couple of pictures of the cruise in Wisconsin. This was our first cruise with the Illinois Viper Club and it was great. We met a lot of great people and had a lot of fun driving the country roads. It was great seeing the expression on the people's faces as the group of Vipers drove by them.

Nancy did a great job of picking the route, the country roads she picked were just a blast to drive.

I was very glad that I installed my clear bra on the front of the car as well as the rocker panels before we went. As you know your own car is the last one to get completed. There was still some loose gravel on the roads from the winter, farmers and one pick-up truck with a trailer.

I talked with a few of the people during the cruise and they said that it was one of the best cruises so far.

We were very nervous about taking the car out in the rain and cold weather but as long as you didn't push the car past its limits it was fine.

We cannot wait until the next cruise.

Thank you Nancy and everyone that helped to put on a great cruise.

Mike

Thanks for the pics Mike.I think I know the guy driving that violet car you took pics of.:)

Here's a few I took.

You must be registered for see images attach

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score