I'm dying here!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I\'m dying here!

I'm convinced Doug Levin is deliberately torturing me. Consider the facts:

FACT: he sends me pictures of the car -- gorgeous pictures -- almost every night, but I can't post them until VOI because they reveal too much;
FACT: he's started calling me multiple times a day and letting me listen to the sound of the car starting up and idling -- sounds like a MEAN jet boat with those Corsas and no cats, not to mention the lumpy cam and the ominous whine of the turbos;
FACT: he's let other customers look at the car and admire the workmanship, but I can't see it because (as he knows) I can't spare the time to fly across the country more than once this month;
FACT: Doug's taking my car to the dyno in the next 48 hours, and we'll finally see how much power this beast makes, but I'm sworn to secrecy on the figures until -- you guessed it -- VOI;

So Doug, if you're listening...

<FONT COLOR="Red">AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!</FONT c>

[keep up the good work, bud]

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m dying here!

I CAN"T WAIT! Ben I have talked to doug on sundays in his shop he is working on an amazing creation! once again the bar seems to have been raised!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bet Dougs enjoying torturing you
smile.gif
from what I've seen it will be worth your wait. Is it going to be s/c or turbo? Was the turbo comment a slip or a secret?

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ben sounds like your gonna explode,maybe put a rubber band around it!
Maybe "Scott P" will have his new project done for the VOI drags and yous guys can face off for some VOI vegas action
clown.gif

Glad your posting,looking forward to seeing the animal run at the drags.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ben, two words for you and Doug...WEB CAM!!! Its not just for internet **** anymore!!! Put it to good use..

Tomer

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ben,

If it's any consolation, there are a few of us who would be happy to have the spare change to transform our cars into the menacing beast that professor Levin is creating in his lab (I mean shop) for you.

Rather than torture, you might think of it as being a series of small Xmas cards leading up to the big gift at the end.
supergrin.gif

-Dean.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snakester:
Ben,

If it's any consolation, there are a few of us who would be happy to have the spare change to transform our cars into the menacing beast that professor Levin is creating in his lab (I mean shop) for you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For sure....lucky bastage!

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As if to add insult to injury, it's now wall-to-wall thunderstorms out in Miami beach, which means no break-in miles and no dyno runs today. Arrrrghhh!

Maybe I'll have Doug play the car over the phone again to get my 'fix'
rofl.gif

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Give us a couple of days to get T.D. (Tropical Depression) #9 out of the way. Lots of heavy rain but it's heading away northward (actual northeast) in the Gulf of Mexico. Going from an Official 80% chance of rain here tonight down to 40% and then to 30% over the next 2 days. Live radar below.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff -- That's good news. Doug was actually going to take it out this evening during a lull to put on some break-in miles, but it started raining again. Tomorrow I'm sure he'll get the chance unless the forecast changes, so hopefully tomorrow PM it'll be on the dyno and I'll have some empirical evidence to back up the math we've been doing on this setup.

John -- to borrow a phrase, "sometimes a red herring is just a red herring"
wink.gif
But I'm not going to blab... yet.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i used to live in north miami beach back in 98-99 and to this day i wonder how close i was to the man himself...

fast forward 5 minutes... i just mapped my old address with dougs shop and i was just a meager 4 miles away..

- eddie -

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4