I'm "one of them." Sorta: a black wheel D-Bag. Yikes.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '09 came with 6 spokes and I love them. I wanted a set of wheels for the track so when I saw at set of black SSR pop up for sale I bought them. I wasn't sure how I'd like them but since they were going to be track wheels I wasn't too worried. Well, I love them too! They have a matte black finish. I'd probably split the street driving between the SSR's and the 6 spokes but I have non-DOT race slicks on the SSR's. Now I have to resist the urge to have matte black stripes painted on my SRT. :(

You must be registered for see images attach

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '09 came with 6 spokes and I love them. I wanted a set of wheels for the track so when I saw at set of black SSR pop up for sale I bought them. I wasn't sure how I'd like them but since they were going to be track wheels I wasn't too worried. Well, I love them too! They have a matte black finish. I'd probably split the street driving between the SSR's and the 6 spokes but I have non-DOT race slicks on the SSR's. Now I have to resist the urge to have matte black stripes painted on my SRT. :(

I have to admit, as a track wheel, all black (particularly matte finish) says "I mean business". But for your car on the street, those same rims with color matched spokes and a polished lip would be amazing.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used to HATE black wheels... always thought they just looked like spares or donuts. I really hate chrome wheels, mostly like gun-metal or brushed aluminum.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I definitely do not like all black wheels. To me, it makes the car look ghetto. I sort of like the black wheels with the offset either chrome or color lip. I hated the black wheels on the ACR but no other wheel would look good either so I understand the black. I'm looking at new wheels myself and I could almost be talked into black with the color lip but definitely no all black. But, if you really want the car to look mean, and it's black or dark color, lowered suspension with the windows black, then of course black wheels is the way to go. I guess I'm looking more to cool than mean. JMHO.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm... Had 20'' chromes on my Lexus when the wheels just came out, about 10 years ago. After, I switched to black rims. Now I would like a black with chrome lip, but I think even those are getting to old too. I'd also consider aluminum with chrome lip.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Phoenix, you have the 2001 Sapphire GTS that's for sale in the classifieds? Your car looks nice. Personally, I still prefer my VR1 Billet wheels polished, but I also like your Black HREs (?).

I think that maybe the no-striped cars look better with the darker wheels. Kind of an opposite highlight color compared to my Silver Stripes and Polished wheels.

However, I really don't like the Mcyellow wheels.

You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra