IMHO

SRT Viper: Slightly under $100k
GTS Viper with up scale interior leather: Slightly under $140k

Most ordered Option for SRT Viper: Track Package
Least ordered Option for GTS Viper: Track Package

Most wanted unavailable option: Design your own stripe paint options

Most anticipated model: Street "R", whatever it is called

Sure bet model: Convertable

Most desirable engine upgrade: Direct Injection. I heard the statement about the difficulty which I take to mean not enough time and money right now.

Best feature: A business plan which insures the Viper will be built for some years to come.

Most Fun: Racing program, both ALMS and GT3 in Europe

Toughtest change for the Viper Nation to handle: The influx of non traditional Viper buyers.

Best marketing move: Making the Viper the halo car of SRT

Right man, at the right time, in the right place: Ralph Gilles

Most passionate choice: Which hood to order with the GTS

Biggest engine advancement: Finally resolving the problem of even cooling of the V10.

Biggest mechanical concern: The Clutch and gear box durability

Most controversal styling change: No fog lamps in the facia.

Best direction to the designers: All vents will be functional

Personal observation: The Cobra Daytona DNA is alive and well in the Viper.

Others?;)

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From where did you get $140K?????
I'm with you. I will be upset if it is that high. I think there is many on this forum that will side with me on this. I have to say my tolerance stops at $120k. I understand that there is lots of nice new things on the Viper, but above the $120k mark doesn't sit well with me because I don't see a reason for it. It would be charging it just to do it. In addition, future plans of ACR and ******** versions that will cost more will mean that there will be a $150k+ Viper if we are already at $140k. This better not happen. I hope other members voice this with me.

OP
OP
I

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent points all!

My big price increase for the GTS came from the "SRT Laguna premium leather surfacing" , the GTS Premium Interior Package. which I called the upscale interior leather. Also, I kept the SRT configuration at "bare bones" while I mentally loaded the GTS with everything. I also looked at the Ford GT pricing/market. Additionally, the $120k price would be ZR1 level. I think a loaded GTS will come in a bit above that. Given all those considerations, $140k looked as a safe maximum. :headbang:

OP
OP
I

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most needed new feature: Laser curb sensor built into the front spoiler. They are availabe now. Wonder if they can be modified to sense the angle of a ramp?:crazy2:

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I other words, the $140K is just some wild guess!!!

Just chill until we get REAL numbers!!!!!

Continues discussion of this number is fruitless .....

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Continued discussion of this number is fruitless .....

Not looking to make fruit juice, but it's fun. $15k to $20k difference seams about right when you consider that the ACR was $12k to $15k more. No one would buy the GTS if it was $30 to $40k more. Being the only major difference is leather and shocks, those other little things could not add up to justify the cash. How much do these cows cost? The leather could be made from the buttocks of Beyonce and it still would not be worth it.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, 2000 Black RT10... What is it you wanted to say??? (two deleted replies)

Don't let it fester inside... LOL Gotta watch the blood pressure. Come on, let it out.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're a gentleman, but it's one of those things, doesn't really matter what I write on forums regarding opinions or any info... perhaps getting too old for this... no worries.
Cheers,
Mike

OP
OP
I

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I other words, the $140K is just some wild guess!!!

Just chill until we get REAL numbers!!!!!

Continues discussion of this number is fruitless .....

Actually it is based on my estimate of what the market will bear. My cost accounting prof once said, the cost of producing an item has nothing to do with the selling price. The selling price has everything to do with what the market will pay. What the cost does is let you know if you can make a profit against what the market will bear. IMHO, $140k is the max the market will bear. I'd like to see the selling price closer to the ZR1 price of about $120k, but IMHO a max optioned version well be closer to the $140k. We'll see what we shall see. Until then, got to keep the energy up. ;)

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another worthless, uninformative thread. Please start another one that says the same thing: nothing.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$140k my ass. SRT will go broke if they sell the GTS for $140k. ACR/GTS-R, no problem.

The GTS will be $120k fully optioned. I know this for fact. A homeless man told me. Don't believe me?
You must be registered for see images

How's that for proof!

OP
OP
I

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IBT,
Please stop making stuff up or at least post a disclaimer that it is all made up.
PAVenomRT/10

All my very considered opinions start with IMHO.

Otherwise I try to give references that can be checked.

As for stopping, NO WAY!

Fans ( I am a fanatic which is one level above a fan) have got to talk about the object of interest be it a sports club or a car. The minute the fans stop talking (showing interest) the club or car is dead. As Ralph has stated, the purpose of SRT is to generate floor traffic in the dealership and lots of positive conversation and positive media presence about Chrysler. The fact that SRT is able to do so and make a small profit is to the credit of Ralph and all the folks in SRT.

I will be at Road Atlanta and cheer the cars. I hope the competition between the Vipers and the Vetts becomes so intense that it has them fighting for first and all the rest a poor last.

Further, as a fanatical fan, I reserve the right to Monday Morning quarter back all decisions! However, I do so because I want my team to be first and to win, always. :2tu:

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its just harmless opinions....which we all seem to have.

If somebody doesn't like a thread....get off of it. No one is making you read it.

It seems all the Photo shop threads are getting a ton of attention. Talk about 'fruitless'.....anyone really think that SRT is watching these images and using them as opposed to using their own designers ???

Yet its Fun. I think everyone is just anxious and want to talk Gen V. So quality threads based on fact are getting slim since there hasn't been much released lately.

Until then, we have to endure 'fruitless' threads and take it all with a grain of salt.

Matt

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems all the Photo shop threads are getting a ton of attention. Talk about 'fruitless'.....anyone really think that SRT is watching these images and using them as opposed to using their own designers ???

God I hope so! All kidding aside it's been admitted by numerous manufacturers that they get ideas from forums and the internet. They have dedicated departments gauging public opinion....now SRT I don't know. They produced the Razor wheels which are widely recognized as the least favorite, even over the 10 spokes. Then they release the Jeep SRT8 wheels, once again the vast majority do not like...then they release the Gen V wheels which look like updated razors. Clearly someone isn't listening lol

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that some ideas from the internet may spark some interest with manufacturers...especially if they don't have a strong enough team to design their own vehicles.

To think that this late in the game, when the tooling to make all these parts, are mostly in place, I highly doubt that someone at SRT is going to say....hey look at this! Lets change the way this car looks in the front. Stop everything and make some re-tool......

People can get as excited as they want about the Photo shops (I like a lot of them as well) but lets not kid ourselves thinking that they going to change the way the 2013, Gen V, is going to be delivered this fall/winter.

Matt

Last edited:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that some ideas from the internet may spark some interest with manufacturers...especially if they don't have a strong enough team to design their own vehicles.

To think that this late in the game, when the tools to make all these parts, are mostly in place, I highly doubt that someone at SRT is going to say....hey look at this! Lets change the way this car looks in the front. Stop everything and make some new tools......

People can get as excited as they want about the Photo shops (I like a lot of them as well) but lets not kid ourselves thinking that they going to change the way the 2013, Gen V, is going to be delivered this fall/winter.

Matt
You are exactly right....

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth