In cabin noise with aftermarket Headers and/or Exhaust

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a stock '06 SRT-10 and I’m considering an exhaust and header install. However I’m looking for modest sound and I was wondering what will or won’t fill the need. After doing a bit of research it seems like the Belanger, American Racing, Corsa, Borla, or B&B will get the job done, but again I don’t want the aggressive in cabin drone/sound. I was also considering only installing a hi-flow cat-back exhaust but is this even worth my time?? :dunno: Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated…

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, just to give you our experience: On our '05, we installed B&B Stepped Headers/Corsa Track Cat-Back Exhaust/Hi-Flo Cats...and the sound was AWESOME~!!!! WE absolutely loved it. In-cabin drone sound though? It was GREAT~! We had no complaints! Everybody does things differently, just saying what we did. The '08 is staying stock, it's fine as is~! ~juli
ENJOY!

OP
OP
A

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK… I’ve spent more time reading the archived posts in the forum and “Corsa” seems like the direction I need to go. Now after reading the posts I have a few more questions. The Corsa “Track” is 3” pipe and the “Other” Corsa system is 2.5”, does Corsa offer Cats for both applications?? And what are the advantages over the Track vs. the Street (2.5”) system? I will need Cats as well, here in New Mexico we have to pass emission testing and a visual verification as well. Thank you all very much for your patience…

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also have to have cats, removed 2, kept 2 hi-flo cats. I honestly can't remember why we decided on the Corsa TRACK cat-back system...over the street version. I know I talked to various vendors here: Sean Roe, Chuck Tator, Dan of DC Performance, JonB of PartsRack...and we opted for the Corsa Track system. Hey, you don't know unless you research and ask, right?!! Good Luck in your decisions. (3" is what we were after also, lying flush against the exhaust portholes, gotta weld-tack them tho, as they WILL move). ~juli

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK… I’ve spent more time reading the archived posts in the forum and “Corsa” seems like the direction I need to go. Now after reading the posts I have a few more questions. The Corsa “Track” is 3” pipe and the “Other” Corsa system is 2.5”, does Corsa offer Cats for both applications?? And what are the advantages over the Track vs. the Street (2.5”) system? I will need Cats as well, here in New Mexico we have to pass emission testing and a visual verification as well. Thank you all very much for your patience…

To the best of my knowledge, Corsa does not make cats. If you want to replace your oe cats you'll need either Random Tech or Roe Racing cats. Call Sean Roe or Jon B to discuss (both site sponsors).

There's different opinions with regard to the 2.5" v 3" cat back systems. First, remember that you've got to have your headers, cats and cat back system all match to a certain extent, i.e., inlet and outlet sizes should be addressed beforehand. If you don't increase the size of your headers, then the size of your cat back will be less important. This involves back pressure and different folks and techs have different opinions. Anyway, I'm sure others will post up more informed opinions than mine.