IN/KY VCA "FYI" ...Road Course Action ...May 14-16, 2010 at Putnam Park...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IN/KY VCA "FYI" ...Road Course Action ...May 14-16, 2010 at Putnam Park. This three day NASA event has a great variety of cars and formats (races, driver's ed, open lapping, etc.)...and LOTS of entrants!!!

At least two IN/KY VCA members will be running in the races. Let's have a good turnout and support these Viper Drivers!!!

Schedule Page

NASA Midwest - National Auto Sport Association

GUESTS WELCOME !!!

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be an awesome weekend of competition (sold out) and driver's ed (sold out). I will be there with the ACR. Anyone feel free to stop at my pit and say Hello.

Its a nice drive out there, but there is construction west of Plainfield so I would take I-70 to the Greencastle exit, go north a couple miles, then back east a couple miles to Mt. Meridian (follow sign to track). Its about 30 min west of Indy airport.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
REMEMBER: Putnam Park is located about 30 miles WEST of the I-465 Beltway that encircles INDY. Take I-70 WEST to Exit 41 ( Greencastle/Cloverdale exit) then go NORTH (toward Greencastle) on Ind St. RD 231 to US 40 (about 5 miles)...then go EAST on US 40 about 3.5 miles to Mt. Meridian...then turn SOUTH on County Rd. 550 East and follow this for about 1.5 miles to PUTNAM PARK ROAD COURSE.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Speaking of road course events...a short reminder from another IN/KY VCA Member (TWO Members will have their Vipers on course) :

"...will be at Mid-Ohio all weekend running with the PCA group if anyone wanted to come up and say hi. They have some club racing events going on. It’s Friday-Sunday."

So, there is PLENTY of ACTION this coming weekend!!!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
MAY get some light rain in the Greater Indy area by 4:00 PM EDT...moving in from the west. Also, rain overnight into Sun. AM.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, we got tricked AGAIN by the TV-weather-woman...ain came early...like about noon. Not big deal, but I do feel badly about all of the guys that got "caught". SORRY!!

IN/KY VCA had 4 Vipers on the track...and 4 Viper that were visiting...good show all!!

Sorry my visit was so brief...though I did enjoy the BBQ sandwich prior to trying to outrun the rains.

Good luck to the racers!!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow sorry to hear you guys had rain! hopefully you got a few sessions in...?

Shandon and I had a great 2 days here at Mid OH, I am going to run one more day:)

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad things going well with you two.

Heavy rain did not hit. Last report from track sounded good...hope so!!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two second places for me. I think that the other guys got podium finishes., so the Vipers had a very good weekend. It was good to see the support from the Club members who came out! Jim

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Jim!! Shame that the weather wasn't better. Happy to see we had 4 members' Vipers tracking...quite a show!!

Agree that Club support makes it better for all...hoping to continue to get more folks to the track events.

Special thanks Jim for driving Manson on the demo laps...he was really impressed and appreciative!!

That IS one Bad Asp ACR!!!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Steve. The weather wasn't bad really (mainly mostly dry and cool), until the final races. My times keep coming down every visit...down to 1.15.2 today (from 1.17 last weekend) and I missed the early (fastest) session and never put on my sticker tires (due to situation with 1st place being a bit out of reach (3+ sec) and being able to handle the closest challenger on scrubs). I think that record might be approachable later this year after I get some more seat time in the ACR.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960