IN/KY VCA Mtg/Car Show...Sat. 9/12/09...Mounds Mall

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
EVENT REMINDER:

Hello, Members!!!

As the title says, our next event will be a combo monthly business meeting, Car Show, and Ronald McDonald House Fund Raiser held inside the Mounds Mall, Anderson, IN on Saturday, September 12, 2009 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT).

The Mall management is making a huge effort in promoting this event that is being held on behalf of The Ronald McDonald House program. The Mall plans on making a donation to this cause themselves, and they will also set up a donation area where the public can contribute.
As Co-host & VCA Member Jim Davis wrote: "Each (VCA) member will be given a gift card to spend however you wish at the mall. Security will take great care of us.....owners of mall said they will accommodate us, anything we need."

Jim also sent this updated message in a recent e-mail: "Just wanted to give you a quick up date. Mounds Mall is going a great job on promoting us. There are large posters all around the mall, the Advertising director had shown me yesterday (I didn't ask to see) they are pouring a little over $1,800.00 in radio and newspaper. They also made flier's which i distributed to places in Tipton, Delaware, Madison and Grant counties."

In the very near future, directions to the Mall as well as the time and location for our entry pre-assembly will be sent to all Members. It is important to gather BEFORE entering the Mall, as we will need to push the cars into the building.

WE NEED TO HAVE A GOOD (or GREAT) TURNOUT for this event as the Ronald McDonald House Program is a wonderful and worthy cause...AND has been supported annually by our VCA Region for several years!!!

PLEASE PLAN ON LENDING A HAND...and VIPER...to this event !!! :)

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at the mall this weekend, and they have advertisements for the show up at every corner. I'm normally not a "sit and watch my car at a car show" kinda guy, but this is for a good cause, in a community that could use some fun and smiles. I will definitely be taking my Viper. A lot of the car nuts I work with are planning to stop by to see the snakes. Hope to see lots of you there!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I am gonna try to go! Hope my car is clean enough for a car show, that's my only concern haha!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Nicely done, Jim...THANKS!!!

Bring it down either way, Leslie...we can all help you clean it!!! :)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awsome thanks Steve!

I will do what I can before I drive down there haha

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
At this point in time, the weather forecast for Saturday shows a partly cloudy day...no rain, high of 80. We can HOPE that will be the case.

NOTE: the first 10 Gen I, Gen II, or Gen III IN/KY VCA Vipers that enter the Mall Saturday AM will receive a FREE Viper-specific Mopar oil filter (Mopar part number 05037836AA)... AND the first 5 Gen IV IN/KY VCA Vipers entering the Mall will receive a FREE Viper-specific Mopar oil filter that only fits the 2008 and 2009 model years (Mopar part number 05038041AA).

SEE YOU THERE !!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow should be a fine day to drive your Viper...and, to meet with your fellow Viper owners on behalf of a great cause, The Ronald McDonald House Program...ALL of which you can accomplish quite easily by coming to the Mounds Mall Meeting and Car Show. The Vipers will be the center of attraction tomorrow...and, the Mall will make a donation to Ronald McDonald House in gratitude for our participation. IN/KY VCA will also make our annual Club gift to this program at this time (by the way, Members are NOT being ask to contribute anything other then your time and the showing of your Viper).

HOPEFULLY, we can have a good turnout tomorrow!!!

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perfect weather, and a great turnout for a good cause. 15 Vipers of every generation showed up. Here are a handful of pics, sorry the lighting in the mall was terrible.

One of these things is not like the others...

I'd like one of these in my garage, and several days of track instruction please, Santa.

The snake in the middle won the prize for crowd favorite. I think he had the entire PartsRack catalog showcased on it, including a supercharger. Lot of custom electronics he'd done himself as well. The one on the left had a killer paintjob... turned every head in the lot when he pulled in.

Damn lighting does that bright blue no justice.

BadRichard's new ride in the front. Every go-fast bit is already on it, or will be in the near future. Steve-Indy's orange/graphite coupe in the back took my vote... love that combo in person.

Great view while eating lunch...

Ok, a self-indulgent shot of mine...

Or maybe two...

The doctor performing surgery. This was after he fabricated and mounted a power steering bracket out of spare AutoZone bits and willpower earlier in the morning. Got the guy running, but he got grease all over his mechanic's scrubs. Luckily Sears had some replacements in his size.

Outdoor shot after the show. Not every day you see a snake pit of this size.

Another angle from the road above.

Thanks for the good show, saw lots of smiles and gave a nice donation to a good cause!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235