IN/KY VCA Tech/Show/Shine Session &Meeting…

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
EVENT REMINDER:

June 14, 2008…IN/KY VCA Tech/Show/Shine Session &Meeting…9:00 AM-3:00 PM EDT(meeting will be held at NOON…pizza will be served) Champion C-J-D, 4505 West 96th St, Indy(located on Indy’s northwest side…just west of Exit 27 on the I-465 beltway).

Tech Director Ron Fleming has carefully planned our Tech Session. Volunteers were chosen from the last IN/KY VCA Club meeting’s attendees for specific maintenance items to be completed by Tech Michael Jay during our visit (brake service and battery change on a 1995 RT/10…coolant and radiator hose change on another Gen I RT/10). Said volunteers will obtain the specific parts necessary to complete these jobs, noting that the fluids can be purchased at Champion. Mr. Jay will be compensated by the Club.
There will also be a demo on changing oil and lubricating door hinges.

Kurt Broderick will demonstrate the proper care of a Viper’s finish…including polishing and light buffing.

Dave Jones will plan to offer insights into car show judging…and, therefore, car preparation for same.

SEE YOU THERE !!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Car finish ("Shine Clinic") discussion/demo to start at 10:30 AM.

Weather forecast...partly cloudy, temp low 80's...possible ISOLATED thunder showers later.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The Tech Session and Shine Clinic were both a huge success !!! Ron Fleming did his usual "over the top" job with this one!!

The IN/KY VCA Membership had a good turnout, and were shown a full brake job (new rotors, pads, fluid), and a battery change on a Gen I Viper.

We also watched a radiator hose /coolant change on another Gen I Viper.

Several observed resetting the TPM system on the beautiful 2006 VCA Raffle Coupe using a DRB III.

Our Club President, Kurt Broderick, amazed folks with his skills using a buffer to remove front fascia "curb rash" and bug marks !!!

Techs Michael Jay and Gary Myers answered at least a million questions while they worked, noting that Viper Service Writer Jason Shores was in attendance for the full session as well.

The formal meeting was short, and there was plenty of pizza.

SPECIAL THANKS are owed to Champion Dodge's owner Fernando Falcon and his entire staff for opening their fine facility to us and for extending first class "Hoosier Hospitality" to our group.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh