Inconel Header Shield's and Side sill's

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Inconel Header Shield\'s and Side sill\'s

We have seen the damage heat can cause from unshielded headers. Burnt blower housing, spark plug wires, wiring harnesses and cracks in the hood. These high quality headers shields are made from highly reflective Inconel Steel. They give superior heat resistance under the most severe conditions. Available for several different headers as well as the production manifolds.

Please call for manifold specific pricing. 310-841-6996

You must be registered for see images

Inconel Side sill's:

These replacement side sill insulation allows air to circulate between the exhaust and side sill. These high quality Inconel shields reduce the sill and interior temperatures and protect against heat damage

Call for pricing. 310-841-6996

James Bell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Inconel Header Shield\'s and Side sill\'s

Do you sell un-cut flat sheets of the Inconel steel? I would like to make a heat shroud for the exhaust collectors, unless you already make them. I talked to you 3 weeks ago about a price for the complete heat package. I was told to wait for your E-mail, please let me know as soon as possible.

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

James,
I apologize for not contacting you. I may have lost your information or simply forgot. Please contact me and I will
get you the information you requested as soon as possible.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan installed them on our Viper and it made a world of difference.I can feel the A/C now.........

:usa: :cool:

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your email link goes to '[email protected]'.

Interesting that you send your customers there for questions. I see that www.atpwrap.com does a lot of different heat shielding applications.

What I'm having a hard time with is the $400 for just the two flat panels that go over the headers!

James Bell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, the complete super cool kit is almost $5000.00. How much cheaper would the kit be if the heat shrouds were made out of aluminum instead of the (very expensive) Inconel Steel?

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, the complete super cool kit is almost $5000.00. How much cheaper would the kit be if the heat shrouds were made out of aluminum instead of the (very expensive) Inconel Steel?

Edelbrock makes a set out of ceramic coated stainless steel for 250$ at Summit:

Dodge Viper Heat Shields
Designed for all 1992-00 Dodge Vipers using Edelbrock Tubular Exhaust System headers, these heat shields deflect heat away from under hood components that can be damaged by the heat created by headers. Edelbrock heat shields deflect heat down and out of the engine compartment keeping these important parts cool: brake master cylinder, brake booster, brake lines, plastic heater box, coolant bottle and spark plug wires. Embossed with the “Edelbrock” logo, constructed out of 409 stainless steel and ceramic coated, the heat shields cover the top and the side of the header and should work with any manufacturers’ headers.

Dodge Viper Heat Shields ....#6700

James Bell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the Edelbrock shields are getting the job done, then maybe the rest of the kit can be duplicated out of the same material. I would like to also cover the header collectors and pipe turn outs.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Inconel is strong and corrosion resistant, even at very high temperatures. Pretty trick stuff. I have no idea if that is necessary in these applications, but if you're true to the Viper credo, "anything worth doing is worth overdoing", you want Inconel heat shields.

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

To answer some of your questions. The link on our web site
goes to Alloy Racing Covers who builds the shields for us.
They are not new to thermal products, having built heat shields and header boxes for the CART and IRL teams.

No, these covers are not cheap, but they really work. Inconel is very expensive, but it is highly relective and does not transfer heat like the stainless production covers or the Edelbrock shields. You can take Inconel to a grinder and it will not even spark. The production exhaust covers are $180.00 each, so in comparison these shields are not that much more. With anything we do, there is a no compromise approach and this product works. There is only a 10% margin in these parts so the pricing is honest and fair.

The Edelbrock shields do work (I had them develop them) but they do transfer quite a bit of heat, need to be trimmed to fit on some cars to fit and only fit certain headers.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with Dan. I did them mainly for looks but if they work some in the process, thats cool too.

Word of the day . . ."Trick"

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Dan, what about a starter motor heat shield from Inconel, or do you not think it's needed? (I worry about the heat getting to mine). Also some inconel suspension ball joint sheilds that could be fitted to save both the rubber boot and grease from melting out, if it's possible?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan,
Can your Inconel header heat shields be used with the stock tubular headers? If so could they be used with the stock shields for even more heat protection?

Do you sell that master cylinder aluminized blanket?

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the interest,

1. We have made an Inconel starter shield but have never had any heat related issues with the starter.

2. We have shields that work in conjunction with the factory manifolds and shields.

3. We stock the master cylinder thermal blanket.

4. Our side sill vents are in stock and are the best 1st defense against side sill heat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude