Initial testing of roeracing 710 camshaft

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly for 3k a 60hp increase is worth it from what iv seen out there.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lundquist....

Im starting to think this camshaft may be worth even more than 60 rwhp.

When I first asked Sean Roe how much power this camshaft was good for he told me 70-100 rwhp depending on what modifications I had. To be 100 percent honest I basically scoffed at the idea and pretty much said everything besides call RoeRacing a liar.

SEAN PERSONALLY GUARANTEED ME 60 RWHP AND ANOTHER ROERACING EMPLOYEE GUARANTEED ME 50 RWHP.

As Ive now stated several times my power went from 487-527 rwhp std. A 40 rwhp gain.

What I didnt realize is that before this dyno were I gained 40 rwhp I had driven the first 15-25 miles with my new 710 CAMSHAFT on only 9 cylinders. One of my spark plug wires came loose and dumped fuel into my catalyst converters. I have long since deleted the secondary cats on my exhaust but the stock #1 cats right after my headers are still in place.

The excessive fuel destroyed my number1 cats and burned/clogged them. After my 527 rwhp dyno I was called by the dyno shop the next day and told they had found catalyste chunks and flakes on their dyno.

Long story short I went to the dyno today and we spent several hours takeing off the cats and gutting them as indeed they were extremely clogged/damaged from the loose plug wire.

Bottom line I wasnt able to dyno (appointment just 8 hours from now) but did take her home. Let me tell you that the 527 rwhp std number will be blown out f the water. She was much much much faster than before. Im not talking 5-10 rwhp faster from gutting cats. Im talking a BIG gain.

This is still on the origional 11.3 AFR tune.

I could be wrong. But quite frankly I wouldnt be utterly amazed if my power goes from 487-587 rwhp tomorrow. Ill be more than happy with 550 std.

But it just felt amazeingly faster. The sensation of speed was somthing Ive never felt before. Granted my viper is the fastest car Ive ever owned by far. But the rush I got while acellerating a few times on the freeway is just hard to explain.

Acelerateing from 50-85 was akin to how I felt at 165 mph in my vette some time ago.

Perhaps the fumes from the now totally catless exhaust are playing with my mind. But wow it was intense.

Im gonna go see if I can do a few quartermile passes to confirm this right now

Edit....... Too much rain. Couldnt do any quartermile passes for comparison

Last edited: