Insane,bad and radical 1/18 inside....

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You finish the top of the front cap,always with a small surfacer (here necessary on the sides)then a metalic layer of black...

You must be registered for see images

And the back trunk...the same thing...

The top of the arch:(surfacer and paint after...)

And the top of the two doors...

Put a hold under each door for their stability...that painting does'nt adhere(this is the wiity remark?) on the support which you use to paint...

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here,You've your Viper painted with the basic color,nonvarnished...

You leave dry all the painted parts,24 hours is sufficient...

The temparature must be 20°C at least,if not you can't paint in an adapted room,you will be have the same result.

Thank you to have read and to look at this stage,the continuation very soon!! :headbang: Chris.

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for black painting,you apply varnish by small key,not to make run-outs...

Be carrefull,the varnish is thicker than painting to be applied,hold your bomb with approximatively 20 centimetres of the frame ...

The trick to see whether your varnish is well applied,it's to be abble to see a finger in the refflet varnish as in an ice...

Here,it's not necessary any more to put varnish,the layer is good...

You let dry your parts if possible 24 hours in a place dustfree... :headbang:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then you take the cockpit to remove the hand brake, the gear shift lever and the dashboard :

You push on the pawn which maintains the hand brake:

then the pawn for the gear shift lever :

and the pawn of the center to remove the dashboard

As you can see it, it misses a back shock absorber, later I create two of them so that the Viper is complete
:2tu:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you have all the parts of the cockpit to paint... clean them with a little soap and clear water, to degrease them and made dry them...

I to always paint the back of the parts for a better completion with final, here one starts with the finish,here with the SURFACER PRIMER TAMIYA:

Five minutes later, I apply a gray finish clearly (bends finish of final improvements for car)

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you can make make the wheel, I took another with the Viper emblem of them in the center... you sandpaper the turn of the wheel to paper to be sandpapered very fine, so that painting adheres well... it is enough diffile to be held between the fingers
:p

I protect the center from the wheel not to paint the emblem, put a paper which does not stick on the emblem, then an adhesive which covers it :

As previously, a fine metalic black and surfacer without varnish, one waits one hour and one removes the adhesive put at the center...

This to have a glossed impression of the leather put on the wheel, the lever gear shift and the hand brake...

:2tu:

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great "tutorial"! I'm planning on making an ACR Bumblebee out of my GT2, as a book fell on it and the rear spoiler broke in three pieces. I actually have it all separated, but now I have the process that I need to follow. Thanks a lot!

I guess I'm better off asking you than thinkering about it: what tape would you recommend to use when I start painting the black stripes over the yellow body?

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You did an awesome job! I had an extra Burago GTS 1/24 scale so I tried to do the same thing. I got the whole thing disassembled and it was down to removing the windshield and rear glass (all one piece). You can imagine my frustration when a chipped off a piece of the windshield trying to get it out. I may go ahead and practice on this one. I also noticed the cockpit is the RT/10, not a GTS version. After disassembling, it really makes you appreciate the detail Burago put into it. Oh well, back to sniffing paint fumes. :cool:

Terry

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,thanks a lot for yours compliments.... :eek: To Red Coachwhip

So,to make black stripes,or with an other color,I take professional adhesive for body and I cut exactely the forms of the stripes.But,it's rather difficult like technique, especially for the places or there is no place.

then, I sandpaper a little with paper to sandpaper dry n°800 there or that must be painted and in your case, I would put a fine layer of black at the bomb... in 2 fine layers.

So I'm sorry,I haven't one photo of this operation.... :eek:

It is hard a enough work of cachage for the nerves, one needs much patience...

:curse: sorry...

But you can also pose fine adhesive bands with good the dispatcher, if painting frightens you.... :cool: