Insane,bad and radical 1/18 inside....

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,some new pics and some good news:

I' can't find the black color in professional paint cause I find the same in TAMIYA bomb (TS-14 gloss black) and for thes silver strips,I find another bomb TAMIYA (TS-30 silver leaf)...

So,the pics now:

I've a SRT-10 Burago 1/18 and I dismounted the set of wheels and discs of brakes,it's one of the options for the GTS:

You must be registered for see images

But we will see later to up them one the frame,here it's just to see the result before painting body...

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To apply the surfacer, I put a temperature of 20° in the part or I work:

So I applied 3 fine coats of paint black with five minutes between each layer :

Sorry for the bad quality of the pics,when the weather allows it,I take some pics with the sun!! And when the body will be dry...

For instance,the paint is good,she's very nice all on the body,not a lot of dust on it,so,I think I can paint the strips very soon...

In a other time,I will be start the cockpit and the frame,pics as possible too.

If you have some questions or something that you don't understand,I'll try to answer you about this work...

Chris. :headbang:

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

Your work looks great, like every project you do.
I'm curious how the result will look and learn all these things to modify my own cars in the future.

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Vip"Arry,

Thanks for your compliments,I'm just working with passion about Viper,you've just the result that what I can do with scales models,just for pleasure,it's not a problem to show you what and how can I do the build and makes,for pleasure to discover others scales builders (with Viper!!) and to know you're not alone in your country to modify them...

It's a idea to help some young people too,1/18 scale isn't the one,1/24 scale to start a good work is possible too,and not expensive,if I've some examples of this,I'll take some pics to show you too(in the futur,my favorite scale is 1/18 but it's the same work)

Here it's for one of VCA members,and the project is not difficult,but I work with a professionnal spirit to have the better result for the owner!!

About the Viper,here we have a very good black paint at start,now I must work the cockpit and the frame,I hope the final result became for Christmas or for the new year!!

So,as possible to show more pics!! Chris. :headbang:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just passed a layer of varnish (TAMIYA TS-13 bomb) on all the body,when this layer is dry, I would make the grey strips...

Pics as possible...Chris. :headbang:

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks SO awesome. The paint is perfectly laid and the SRT wheels look like they were original...

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi OKViper...sorry to contradict you, there was a problem... :bonker:

Hello Everyone.... :nana:

I encountered a very old problem of which I did not think when I made the two gray strips...the two strips are nice but the adhesive of the lines of maskings remained on the body on the takeoff of the unit...

From there, I could not put any more the layer of varnish which I wanted to pulverize with the top...

I've some pics of the problem and I show you... :eek:

Here,you've the start of my work...just for the 2 strips... :rolleyes:

I sandpapered with paper dry n°1000 all the body for one hangs gray painting and varnish...

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 minutes later, I remove the paper of masking

And this is at this moment where the nightmare starting...the adhesive of the blue adhesive remained encrusted on varnish, impossible to revarnish over

I decided to start again all painting with another solution to make the bands, I used powerful diluting cleaning for body and here us are again at the beginning of work...

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For this new painting, I decided to work differently, with a new special adhesive for models, the preparation is different from what I could do above, I put the whole to you in pics as soon as possible

Well,I did not have a chance, I chose a bad adhesive (blue) of decoration for automobie body, will know that the adhesive remains on the body of the model and that you are oblige all to remove for a better result... Pay attention...

Chris. :rolleyes: (but :headbang: :D )

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe that the blue tape left so much adhesive on the paint! I have never run into that on automobile paint, but I hated to see that.

We have all learned something new. But, the black/siler with those wheels look amazing!

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some news...

After having passed a light surfacer, I waited 10 minutes then I passed a layer of silver leaf TS-30 TAMIYA on the top of all the body

as soon as this layer of silver is almost dry, ("take a lamp to see the smoothing of the coat of paint) I would pass a layer of varnish to the same place, always on the top of the body ...

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok,the layer of varnish has been just applied....(varnish TAMIYA TS-13...)

One lets dry 3 or 4 days, I put a rather thick layer on all the top of the body, temperature with 20° in the obligatory part... attention with dust, for that, I work much with a lamp of strong power for seeing surfaces of the body well....

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate that it takes 3 to 4 days to set - I want to see it finished now!!! I can't wait...
Looks awesome, Chris!

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news for Christmas: the frame and his engine are finisched...and the cockpit too (pics as possible,the parts are drying)

Marterial used:

2 fine brushes

Thinner X-20A acrylic paint TAMIYA

differents paintings: gloss black,matt black,matt dark grey metalic,matt clear grey metalic,gloss red,gloss white,matt clear yellow (all HUMBROL COLOR)for frame and engine...

For cockpit: matt brown Cognac (Humbrol n°62) and matt clear ground (Humbrol n°250)....gloss black and matt,matt aluminium (Humbrol n° 9008 -old number-)

Chris. :headbang:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome, nice work! Love the matching cognac interior :) Looking at the pictures it looks like you did not put a coat of clear over the model yet?

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey - I recognize that car!
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inject">>> For instance,I've some detalling over the body,after,a new layer of varnish will be in...To protect all the body. :2tu:

OKViper>>> yes I thinks it's yours :D ...

I've not a nice weather to take some good pics,but I'll hope that the sun will come...just a little... :evilmad: