Insurance question

JRSViperRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who do yall use for insurance on your older vipers? i currently am running it through USAA but they cannot give me a full replacement value on the car. They transferred me to another company who will not give me the value as I am not a USAA agent.

I have heard good things about Hagerty and Grundy and their online quotes were about half my USAA cost.

has anyone had good or bad experiences with either or anyone else?

thanks!

Suregrip391

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hagerty was like $1300 a year, I use Erie Insurance now…agreed value for like $350 I think it is? ….id have to look.

Bill W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Hagerty for my 02 RT/10. An agreed value of $60,000. About $1300 annually for insurance. I've heard good things about Erie Insurance, but I can't get that in South Carolina. Remember (you probably know) that insurance prices vary as per your driving record, age, gender, etc. Also, the area where you live. Lots of accidents and crazy drivers in my area, which results in higher prices for everyone.

jkroberts21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hagerty. 2000 ACR. Southern California. Agreed value $80k. $1,280 for the year

I later added my 1994 RT10 agreed at $50k, which added an additional $550

OP
OP
J

JRSViperRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grundy, 70k value, i think its 700ish a year
There quote seemed very low compared to usaa ($350ish). And Hagerty is very high ($1300ish).

For a 94 RT10

And I have no tickets or accidents just higher rates in GA now that Hollywood has moved in

Rda316

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Geico as well. They have classic/collectible car insurance and it was 1/3 the price of what Haggerty quoted me.

Badsnek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I used to have all my Vipers on State Farm. I think I paid something stupid like $20 a month for an agreed upon value of $50k. Then I started hearing horror stories about how they found ways to get out of agreed upon values on "classic cars". For example, somewhere in the fine print, in order to get the agreed upon value you have to pay to have the car professionally appraised each year. One of numerous things I had found. Total nightmare. So I looked into it and asked around a bunch. Heard good stories and bad stories about Grundy. Heard nothing but awesome things about Hagerty. I don't mind paying more a month to have the peace of mind that if anything happens, I won't have to fight with my insurance company to get my money. I also have the cherished salvage option where if my car gets totaled, I get the full agreed upon value and I get to keep the car at no extra cost. Yes Hagerty is more expensive. But I hate headaches and I hate getting screwed over. Was an easy decision for me.

Jametemp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have NCM (National Corvette Museum). I couldn't tell you my yearly cost as I have an older Alfa Romeo on my plan too. But I have a 97 GTS with an agreed value of 80K. I raised the value during covid and havent brought it back down. I am limited to 3,000 miles per year of driving.

MarkL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hagerty, $816 on $75k for 1999 ACR in Nashville. Been using Hagerty for years. Never had a claim but used the roadside a couple time for an old SUV - great service and no “gotcha” fees. They coordinated a local flatbed and took care of everything.

jkroberts21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hagerty, $816 on $75k for 1999 ACR in Nashville. Been using Hagerty for years. Never had a claim but used the roadside a couple time for an old SUV - great service and no “gotcha” fees. They coordinated a local flatbed and took care of everything.
I can vouch for Hagerty with towing when I had my clutch slave go out. Customer service was simple and efficient

OP
OP
J

JRSViperRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can only get it to $98 a month with Hagerty even with lowering coverages and higher deductible for a 1994 RT 10 with a 50k agreed upon value. may have to call an agent because Grundy is coming in at $30/month for what seems like similar coverage

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21