Interest in reasonably priced basic rod/piston package?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, to say we are inundated with Gen-4 engine parts these days is a bit... of an understatment. With the boxes of good OE rods and pistons laying around, it had me thinking:

Would anyone be interested in a very basic rod/piston set for any of the generations? Using the Gen-4 connecting rods, which are decently stout and with full-floating, we could match a set of lightweight X-Forging style pistons, for a very economical lightweight rod/piston setup, similar to what the ACRX's run, but custom tailored to each application. I would estimate costs to be ~2500ish, all in with rods, pistons, pins, rings and bearings. This would be ideal for N/A track day cars, head/cam cars, and low-boost forced induction <800 horsepower.

Any interest in something like that? I could probably assemble about 6-10 sets as it sits out of shelf parts.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OK Guys, I just worked on this a bit more.

If I can get everyone on the same page with regard to one or two bore sizes and compression heights, I can come WAY down on pricing. We are talking a possible price range of 1500-1700 for a complete set of rods and pistons! These would be full-floating PM-Forged rods, ARP-2000 Hardware, with CP Forged Pistons, Pins, AND Rings... along with coated rod bearings!

This is a function of quantity, so it cannot happen if I cannot sell a large group of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm interested.

Excellent. I need another 4-5 guys, and this will happen.

What generation & bore size will you need?

I suppose I should also mention: Gen-4 guys looking for forged pistons only can ABSOLUTELY get in on this deal at a further discount, as they will not need the rods. The same goes for other generation guys who may already have rods.

The big question is, would people prefer OE bores, or slight overbores? As I stated earlier, this is a function of quantity. I need at least 3 guys per bore size to make the run.

limitless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im interested but whats max hp with setup im looking to go forged but id like to be around 1000 hp after done with twins

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im interested but whats max hp with setup im looking to go forged but id like to be around 1000 hp after done with twins

With PM rods, stay south of 800. With some kind of true forged rod, <1000 should not be an issue.

Last edited: